Reporting to: Senior Director/VP the Statistics/Data Analytics Principal Consultant is responsible for ensuring that all assigned projects are being conducted in an efficient manner and that quality and client satisfaction is maximized at all times – ensuring the direction of the project and the quality of the deliverables meet the project objectives and the client needs. Further, Principal Consultants are expected to support and train the Senior associates and Associates in their daily duties and to flag any areas of acute training needs to their line managers. Supported by the senior staff and Business Development partners, the Principal Consultant is responsible for maintaining client relationships on their projects as well. In addition, the individual will be expected to contribute to the continuing growth and improvement of the business unit through taking ownership of company and business unit processes and initiatives as well as contribution to the Senior Management Team’s focus and direction.
Candidates will be part of multi-disciplinary research teams and will be expected to provide statistical expertise and methodological leadership at all stages of projects from planning to completion. Duties will vary according to the nature of the projects. These may include independently contributing to the preparation of statistical analysis plans, writing programs to execute analyses, and assisting with the interpretation and dissemination of findings. Candidate is expected to also lead and support ongoing innovation objectives of the unit in the field of health outcomes analysis which warrants having thought leadership skills.
Objectives of the role will include:
- To direct project teams in the design, development and delivery of client solutions across multiple projects.
- To provide high level input to the development of client deliverables including the provision of support to the delivery team in the development of strategic recommendations tailored to individual projects.
- To provide advice and support to existing clients both within and outside of projects.
- To help manage existing business accounts and identify new business opportunities for Parexel with existing and new clients.
- To proactively mentor and develop members of the team to help achieve best in class status.
- To ensure the optimal levels of client management are maintained at all levels and that the training and support to achieve best practice consultancy standards are achieved.
- To ensure quality standards are adhered to on all projects and new methodologies and techniques are adequately assessed and implemented.
- To foster thought leadership opportunities in HEOR.
- To work with Senior Management colleagues to identify further service opportunities.
- MSc or PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, or related field with 6 or more years of relevant experience working in a consulting or pharmaceutical organization.
- Experience in developing both internal and external consultative relationships with senior management and executives.
- Strong basis in fundamental statistical concepts and methods and familiarity with techniques such as development of predictive equations, survival analysis (including parametric methods), longitudinal data analysis, meta-analysis, mixed treatment comparison, and other hierarchical analysis techniques, etc.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and Bayesian statistics is a plus.
- Strong statistical programming skills with standard software, including SAS, R, STATA, OpenBUGS/WinBUGS.
- Excellent scientific, business writing, and communication presentation skills with close attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills, especially in the relaying of technical information and project concepts.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently, and be able to take leadership role with regard to methodological elements in projects.
- Competent in written and spoken English
In return, you will be provided with interesting opportunities for growth and development and exposed to a variety of challenging assignments, product types, geographic regions, and therapeutic areas. Plus, as member of Parexel Consulting, you will enjoy all the advantages of working remotely, combined with access to the mentorship from a team of highly experienced regulatory professionals at the height of their careers. Join our team, and you will design solutions for the complexities of an ever-changing global marketplace.
This job is posted by Parexel.
This link brings you to the website of Parexel.