As a Pricing & Market Access Specialist (PMAS), you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Luton is home to our UK Marketing Company (UKMC), responsible for the marketing of our medicines in the UK. Here you’ll also find colleagues from AstraZeneca’s corporate functions and our European and International regions’ sales and marketing teams. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The PMAS role will report to the Pricing & Market Access Lead where you will support the pricing and market access activities to achieve national market access (e.g. NICE, SMC & AWMSG) to optimise the value for new AZ products, line extensions and indications, and provide guidance to regional and local access activities to optimise access to medicines. The PMAS must demonstrate outstanding critical thinking, cross-functional collaboration, and help to develop innovative solutions to a diverse and increasingly evolving global payor landscape.
- Support/Lead the delivery of HTA submission, including:
- Support the HTA strategy development with the cross-functional team
- Support strategy related to the development of appropriate health economic and real-world evidence deliverables
- Manage input from the cross functional team of the UKMC and global stakeholders
- Support UK pricing strategy for launch/in line brands in line with existing governance
- Work closely with global and UKMC stakeholders to ensure that HTA evidence requirements are met
- Support responses to clinical guidelines and other access related DoH/NICE/NHSE consultations, liaising with Government Affairs and other relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Support the delivery of strategic and operational market access plans for brands, including LCM pricing and access strategy
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of access and funding pathways at national levels
- Communicate with horizon scanning units through UK Pharmascan and Department of Health
- Participate in priority projects for the business
- Ensure compliance with all AstraZeneca and ABPI governance frameworks and policies
- Maintain details understanding of how NHS environment works and how policies/ policy changes might impact local and regional access
- First degree in economics or life sciences, or pharmacy qualification
- More than 2-3 years healthcare experience
- Experience of UK HTA submission in the pharmaceutical industry
- Leadership and influencing skills;
- Demonstrable record of collaborative working, and personal delivery to agreed timelines;
- Excellent understanding of the NHS and customer needs for value arguments based on clinical evidence and cost-effectiveness;
- Demonstrate project management skills;
- Previous accountability for customer/client relationship management
- Healthcare experience (pharma-side or NHS-side)
- Professional qualification relevant to NHS
- External management consultancy experience
- Experience of managing external supplier
- Advanced Excel and data handling/insight software
- Qualification relevant to health economic modelling
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and we’ll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you to the website of AstraZeneca.