The Pricing & Market Access Director is responsible for leading the development and/or execution of Market Access strategies for one or more products, as well as partnering cross-functionally on the Commercial and (if working at the Global / international level) Development strategies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for payer strategic planning to support value and access optimization.
- Leads development of Market Access strategies and core pricing & access deliverables operating within the Commercial model.
- Ensures the payer position is consistently represented to internal cross-functional stakeholders and ensures robust strategic input into commercialization and development decisions.
- Partners cross-functionally to ensure robust value proposition and integrated evidence plans are optimized to support market access and reimbursement.
- Supports strategies with deep functional knowledge, in-depth market research, environmental data & analogs.
- Informs financial forecasts.
- Works on the execution of pricing and access strategy, including the localization of access strategy, tactical execution and pricing business cases.
- Supports capability building and thought leadership projects that advance knowledge of and readiness for the rapidly evolving payer environment.
- Collaborates closely with HEOR, Pricing & Market Access, Government Affairs and Public Policy, Marketing and Clinical Development / Medical counterparts to ensure value and access optimization.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to think strategically and make sound pricing and market access recommendations
- Strong practical, quantitative and analytical skills combined with a sound understanding of how to successfully apply pricing & reimbursement / HEOR principles to support Vertex
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively write and deliver presentations to professionals at all levels within Vertex
- Relationship building at all levels of the organization and across geographies
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate complex concepts and negotiate with others
Education and Experience:
- Relevant years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor degree required
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits, etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition.
This job is posted by Vertex.
This link brings you to the website of Vertex.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!