Home Worker. London, Brentford or Hertfordshire UK.
We need exceptionally talented and committed Statisticians like you to apply your statistical skills and innovative statistical methodology to drive key contributions in the marketed product support of new medicines in the fight against cancer. You will provide global statistical support in non-registrational data generation, secondary publications and scientific congress support, and ISR review to support delivery of clearly differentiated medicines to our patients. You will also collaborate with R&D, medical and commercial organizations as well as Value Evidence & Outcomes to deliver a diverse book of work to support market access for GSK oncology marketed products and late stage pipeline assets. Join our team of industry leading experts in data analysis and methodologic research. Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our statisticians have the opportunity to collaborate across the entire range of drug development, from early clinical development, to registration and marketed product support.
- Providing statistical input to the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of non-registrational studies.
- Influencing clinical development plans, regulatory and commercial strategies.
- Building and maintaining effective strategic working relationships with internal and external partners to meet business needs.
- Identifying, developing and implementing novel statistical methodologies.
- Addressing challenges in market access and reimbursement raised by regional agencies such as the Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWiG) and Federal Joint Committee (G-BA) in Germany, UK National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), France Haute Autorité de Santé (HAS) and Australia Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC), in collaboration with other functions
- Partnering with RU statisticians to participate in the review of Investigator Sponsored trials and GSK sponsored Phase IV trials (including post marketing commitments).
- Collaborating with global/regional Health Economics and Market Access Teams on identifying analysis methods and interpretation of observation data and other real-world type data (such as Patient Registries and Claims Data Bases).
- Investing in developing knowledge outside of conventional statistical expertise in the clinical, regulatory and commercial environments.
- Influence planning and decision-making strategy over a portfolio of assets through building and maintaining effective business relationships with VEO, medical and commercial organizations.
- Formulate a data strategy to effectively leverage both internal and external data analyses to inform R&D oncology organization for potential future development opportunities Why You? Basic Qualifications:
- MSc or PhD in a Statistical discipline with relevant experience in a clinical research, Pharmaceutical, CRO or Academic setting.
- Track record of strong statistical contributions and accomplishments in medical affairs and market access of marketed products.
- Oncology experience.
- Self-motivated and independent worker.
- Strong time management skills; able to effectively organize and manage a variety of tasks across different projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill, including:
- Demonstrated ability building and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific and clinical senior stakeholders.
- Experience successfully influencing effectively across functions and levels of an organization.*at this time we are not considering candidates that require visa sponsorship*. Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to lead or make major contributions to department, organizational and/or industry-wide initiatives, through effective communication and influence.
- Capable of applying innovative statistical thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capability in building and maintaining strong working relationships in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific and clinical colleagues.
- Strong influencing skills applied effectively across functions and levels of an organization
- Experience of working with and coordinating the work of CROs. Why GSK?: At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
GSK Oncology has a commitment to the discovery and development of new oncology therapies with the life-changing potential of helping patients with cancer, specifically in four areas of cancer research: Cancer Epigenetics, Immuno-Oncology, Oncology Cell & Gene Therapy and Synthetic Lethality.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
This job is posted by GSK.
This link brings you to the website of GSK.