Purpose of the role: there are multiple aspects to the role
- Support a range of projects advising clients on market access and HTA strategy across international markets, with a particular focus on European markets but with emerging focus on Japan and China
- Provide leadership within PHMR on developing strategic market access insights across our range of projects to ensure that our deliverables meet client needs
- Conduct health economics, outcomes research and market access research to support the implementation of HTA and market access strategy
- Interact with clients to manage and advance projects
We also expect that the successful candidate will work with the senior team to help develop the skills and experience of the broader PHMR team in relation to HTA and market access strategy and formal requirements across Europe.
Requirements / performance dimensions:
Functional technical expertise
- Higher degree (PhD or MSc) in health economics, public health or related discipline
- Good knowledge of health economic methodologies (e.g. economic modelling, analysis of real-world economic evidence, utility measurement, costing studies)
- An understanding of HTA methodologies and processes across multiple European markets (or Japan)
- An understanding of the global payer environment including coverage, reimbursement and pricing
- At least six (6) years’ experience working to deliver strategic market access or health economics projects across European markets, with an emphasis on project delivery as well as project leadership
- A good network of external HTA and health economics experts
- Project management skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical issues
- Excellent quantitative skills, including econometrics
- Good knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g. STATA, R)
- Fluency in English
- Excellent MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel skills
Location: Primrose Hill, London, UK
Type: Permanent, primarily office-based but a home-based option will be considered for a suitable candidate Salary: On application; competitive and commensurate with experience
Alignment to PHMR values
- Flexibility and individual support for a more balanced and enjoyable life
- Fantastic opportunities for professional development, working alongside industry experts
- Tight-knit, collegial office environment in an idyllic London location, and, of course, snacks
Established in 2007, we are a highly successful and energetic consultancy – a diverse group of well-recognised professional scientists, health economists, and industry specialists with a proven track record in providing global market access solutions to some of the biggest healthcare industries so that patients get access to medicines. Our science is internationally renowned, and we are proud of our work.
- We apply robust scientific approaches and methodologies. Quality science comes first.
- We combine the expertise of our team with a worldwide professional network.
- We continuously learn and improve.
- 90% of our projects are repeat or referral from our existing customers.
- Most of our team are educated to PhD level.
- We embrace diversity in all its forms.
Our culture is open, team-based and inclusive. We are creative, innovative, forward-thinking and truly operate as a team of people who enjoy spending time together. Our leadership team is always approachable and offers coaching and training opportunities to the less experienced staff. PHMR also values and recognises work life balance, thus provides flexibility and individual support to all its team members. We love being part of PHMR and perceive our culture to be vital to our success.
If you wish to discuss the position ahead of submitting an application, please arrange an informal chat with Michael Lees (COO and Head of Market Access Strategy).
All candidates are eligible to apply for our roles and will be considered on suitability and merit throughout the recruitment process.
Apply for this role