Covance by Labcorp are recruiting for an experienced Health Economic Modeller to join the team. The Senior Associate, Health Economic Modelling supports client engagements and internal requests, projects and business development efforts by doing the necessary research, data collection, analysis and interpretation required to ensure optimal project delivery, with a specific focus on Health Economic Modelling projects.
The Senior Associate will work with multi-disciplinary teams, providing Health Economic and Modelling knowledge and preparing various deliverables (i.e. Excel model outputs or similar, written reports and PowerPoint presentations) coaching other more junior members of the team, as well as presenting to clients as needed. Typical projects will include the development of Health Technology Assessment (HTA) compliant health economic models, such as cost-effectiveness and budget impact models to help optimally communicate the value of a specific product/ intervention.
Undergraduate degree from a reputable university is required. Post-graduate qualifications such as MSc/MRes or PhD are preferred. Typically the undergraduate and/or post-graduate qualification will be in a health economics, public health, public health policy, statistics, life/ clinical science, health services research, or other related/ relevant discipline.
- The Senior Associate should have previous experience in a consulting or research practice or a health products manufacturer as a Health Economist/ Modeller.
- Along with specific demonstrable experience in the Health Economic Modelling space, the Senior Associate, will be expected to have some knowledge of projects in related HEOR disciplines along with a general understanding of the Market Access space.
- Good understanding of the purpose of, and processes involved in, HEOR and payer value communications within the healthcare sector, including the different stakeholders and what may influence their decision making, including; a detailed knowledge of health economics and its application in the reimbursement and market access process, including processes applied in HTA, a basic understanding of the reimbursement processes for key markets (EU5 and US), and a broad awareness of the different services a market access consultancy like CMA offers to its clients.
- Must have sound knowledge of health economic modelling principles; highly competent in Excel, including use of visual basic programming and ability to develop complex models (e.g. Markov models, PSA); and ability to provide modelling support to team members and colleagues.
- Candidates should have strong communication, organisation and analytical skills. Demonstrated proficiency in various software programs MS Word, PowerPoint, EndNote and R-Shiny (or similar programming software relevant to health economic modelling), along with specific skills needed to design and deliver a modelling project (i.e. VBA coding and relevant statistical expertise).
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to collaborate and work with peers to accomplish tasks assigned.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
This job is posted by Covance.
This link brings you to the website of Covance.