What you’ll do:
- Lead strategically-aligned and scientifically-robust work with the Health Economics Manager and HTA, Evidence & Reimbursement Manager colleagues in the development of high quality HTA submission (NICE, SMC, AWMSG, prioritised regions) or other national submissions (e.g. to JCVI)
- Help shape the strategic cross-functionally-aligned narrative, underpinned on a strong scientific basis, alongside the rest of the Market Access team, on the value of AstraZeneca medicines in the specific context of the UK healthcare system
- Oversee the tactical delivery of Health Economics content for HTA submissions to convey the value of AstraZeneca medicines, with the aim of securing national level patient access, for Biopharmaceutical Business Unit (R&I, including vaccines) products
- Anticipate, shape, and deliver various Health Economics analyses aligned with needs of the national and prioritised regional/local stakeholders to secure access and funding for drugs
- Maintain knowledge of and monitors the external environment, to technically shape and deliver the best value narratives for national/regional/local access
- Collaborate with complex matrix of global and local stakeholders on UK pricing and access strategy
Essential skills and experience:
- Postgraduate qualification in health economics
- 6+ years experience developing HE content for HTA submissions in either in a HEOR agency or in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to be able to develop and lead hands-on cost-utility analysis and budget impact models in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge (or above) of Microsoft VBA
- Demonstrable record of collaborative working and personal delivery to agreed timelines
- Ability to be able to prioritise effectively, based on business need
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong written skills
- Experience of training non-Health Economists in the effective delivery of HE outputs
- First degree in economics, life sciences, mathematics or similar
- Experience of managing external suppliers
- Experience of up-skilling junior HE staff
- Other experience beyond Health Economics (e.g. NHS)
- Experience in Respiratory, Immunology, and Vaccines therapy areas
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca UK, we bring life-changing medicines to patients across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us!
It has been agreed that our AstraZeneca UK Commercial head office will move from Luton to Pancras Square, London in early 2022. This role will be initially based in our Luton office, until this move takes place.
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. It will bring AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and stakeholders in the UK’s healthcare environment, as well as foster greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society.
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Health Economics? Would you like to apply your expertise in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you to the website of AstraZeneca.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!