High Wycombe, UK.
Janssen UK is currently recruiting a HEMAR Lead located in High Wycombe in the UK to lead accelerated, broad market and patient access and funding for Janssen’s key brands. The successful candidate will be responsible for 50% of Janssen’s portfolio. They will play a key leadership role and will lead a group of market access and health economics specialists. The role reports directly into the Head of HEMAR who in turn reports into the Director of HEMAR and Advocacy.
The goal of the HEMAR department is to optimize the value of both the Company and its products, through the development of a positive external image perceived by payers, by communicating optimally the innovative values of the Company to the patients, to the Regional Health Service and to the community as a whole.
Key Role Responsibilities Include:
- Lead, empower and support the team to craft and deliver end to end UK market access strategies from early pipeline to HTA to market access
- Forge strong working relationships with core UK teams (medical, commercial, regulatory, finance, business intelligence, patient engagement and policy) to ensure success of market access strategy and shape business planning
- Develop close collaboration with European and global HEMAR teams to ensure the free flow of information and ideas, while aligning objectives & influencing Global/European clinical and health economic evidence generation plans
- Promote understanding of external environment within HEMAR team and actively promote Janssen UK as key partner within and outside the business
- Proactively engage in key strategic projects and initiatives
- Value diverse perspectives & role model collaborative working across the business, holding ourselves & others to account. Be flexible and maintain external focus, supporting each other in delivering
Functional And Technical Knowledge:
- Leadership experience – line management experience, experience leading strategic projects, coaching and mentoring skills
- Applied skills and technical knowledge – experience in UK HTA, health economics, systematic literature reviews, protocol writing, real world evidence (RWE) and policy (keep up to date on the latest NHS), etc.
- Understanding the internal and external environment for evidence generation and Market Access in UK – specific opportunities, and/or hurdles in terms of local evidence generation
- Persuasive communication – ability to interact with different partners inside and outside the organization
- A postgraduate degree (e.g. MSc, PhD) in Health Economics, RWE, Health Service or related field (Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Data science, Epidemiology, etc.)
- 8+ years of experience in both Health Economics and Market Access and track record of developing junior staff with both technical and leadership skills is required (3+ years)
- Knowledge and applied experience in at least one of the following therapeutic areas: Oncology, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, Pulmonary diseases, Neuroscience, Immunology, Cardiovascular & Metabolism and/or Ophthalmology is preferred
- Deep understanding of Health Economics concept and evidence synthesis techniques
- Strong Project Management capability with adherence to strict timelines
- Ability to work optimally in a sophisticated, diverse and matrix environment
Company Background & Culture
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites Johnson & Johnson. J&J embraces research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance health and well-being. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. J&J has more than 250 companies located in 60 countries around the world.
Who is Janssen?
Are you passionate about crafting a world without disease? Do you have expertise in Health Economics and Market Access? At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we use heart, science and creativity to discover groundbreaking medicines. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease encourages us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe-
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)
This job is posted by Johnson & Johnson.
This link brings you to the website of Johnson & Johnson.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!