Hemel Hempstead, UK.
This Director-level HEMA position will hold EMEA Divisional responsibility for the Endoscopy division, ensuring that the team operates in line with business objectives. This position reports to the Senior Director HEMA, EMEA.
This role should be based any of the following BSCI EMEA Hubs : Madrid- Spain, Milan – Italy, Ratingen – Germany, Voisins-le-Bretonneux – France, Hemel Hempstead – UK OR Warsaw – Poland
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborates with Senior Endoscopy leadership to define ideal value proposition for therapies and to define optimal Market Access strategies at EMEA level.
- Determines evidence strategy with global Medical Affairs colleagues and influences global Divisional/Clinical/HEMA colleagues to ensure EMEA needs are built in
- Close collaboration with country HEMA teams to identify, align on and communicate key Market Access requirements.
- Represents and promotes BSC with relevant stakeholders at EMEA level (Governmental bodies, funding and reimbursement groups, Health Technology Agencies, professional societies, Key Opinion Leaders, etc.), under the guidance of Senior Director HEMA EMEA, through market access initiatives and stakeholder engagement activities, demonstrating clinical and Health Economics outcomes.
- Leads funding efforts for new therapies. Coordinate internal resources efforts and/or external consultants where appropriate
- Develops tools that embed market trends and updated clinical data collected in the different countries, ensuring those tools are always able to respond to Health Economics and Market Access requirements.
- Engages and influences external stakeholders at EMEA level, participating in meetings and gathering their needs, to define with marketing/sales/commercial contracting of the EMEA Endoscopy division the best strategy and market access activities to address them.
- Designs, communicates and is accountable for the execution of the funding/reimbursement/market access initiatives scorecard for the Division, including priority initiatives, milestones, status, and timelines for completion.
- Manages HEMA relationship with internal stakeholders (e.g. Endoscopy Leadership Team, Sales leadership, commercial contracting, marketing and new product launch teams, Clinical, Medical Affairs, etc.), providing Health Economics data/insights/capabilities.
- Works with marketing colleagues to define Value messages for key products or therapies.
- Reinforces institutional relationship/partnership and establishes/maintains a network of KOLs at European level.
- Leads a team of HEMA (senior) analysts and a Value Based Healthcare Manager.
- Creates an environment of trust and collaboration within the team; Develops team members acting as a coach/mentor, supporting training & development activities; motivates through communication excellence & leading by example; develops plans, goals and objectives to ensure high levels of team/individual engagement and performance; recruits talent.
- Ensures strong relationships with other functions/countries, by providing continuous support and by training/coaching sales force of the assigned division, commercial contracting, marketing and other stakeholders.
What we are looking for in you
- Degree level education required in any subject; postgraduate qualification in health economics, statistics, public health epidemiology, public health or marketing beneficial
- Significant market access and stakeholder engagement experience ideally gained within the medical device or pharmaceutical industries. Other sector experience will be considered; however it is most likely that the successful candidate will be a qualified Health Economist &/or hold significant practical Health Economics experience, ideally within the medical device industry.
- Experience of developing and executing strategy successfully, in respect of market access activities, across multiple countries in EMEA essential
- Proven ability and stature to influence and collaborate with key stakeholders internationally; previous roles will have required individual to use outstanding communication and influencing ability to influence, design, develop and deliver evidence plans
- Highly commercial in approach; proven ability to combine technical excellence with commercial awareness
- Previous leadership and team management experience; skilled at developing and coaching team members
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) essential. Other European language ability advantageous
- Regular travel to countries and to Divisional leadership meetings.
- Skilled in the use of office programmes (especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
What we can offer to you
- Autonomy & Decision -making
- Healthy work-life balance with Flexible working arrangements
- Company with a purposeful mission
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
This job is posted by Boston Scientific.
This link brings you to the website of Boston Scientific.