Cambridge, UK / Gaithersburg, MD, US.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with cross functional R&D, commercial, regional, and country teams to develop, launch, and commercialise AstraZeneca Oncology medicines.
- Develop high quality health economics and payer evidence input into pharmaceutical development projects, as summarized in the payer evidence strategy & plans and market access & pricing strategies.
- Provide input to payer research, predictive reimbursement assessments, and above-brand activities.
- Matrix manage a cross-functional team to support the development of payer evidence strategy including payer statistical analyses, patient reported outcomes, and real-world evidence.
- Delivery of health economics and payer evidence related activities, such as input to RCT design, systematic literature reviews, indirect treatment comparisons, and economic modelling, to ensure optimal access of our life changing medicines to patients
- Deliver clear, customer-focused, and robust Global Reimbursement Dossiers (GRDs)
- Ensure target product profiles and target claims meet payer needs and that necessary supporting evidence is developed.
- Apply your knowledge to support decision-making processes and commercialization of products, including those through Health Technology Assessment (HTA).
- Advocate and champion the need for scientifically sound trial and non-trial data (including RWE, economic modelling, meta-analyses, observational studies, and PRO approaches).
- Collaborate with marketing companies/local affiliates in preparing evidence that satisfies their local payer requirements
- Contribute to peer reviewed scientific publications, as well as effective communication of complex ideas for use with both payers and other stakeholders
- Participate in external health economics and payer evidence departmental activities via technical presentations, committee membership, publication reviews, and other similar activities
- Interact with HTA authorities and advisors/key external experts in preparing materials for scientific advice or reimbursement submissions
The HEPE Lead/Director will lead the global health economic and payer evidence strategy and plan, working closely across two key tumours; breast cancer and prostate cancer. In particular, after recent successful readouts in adjuvant breast cancer (OLYMPIA) and prostate cancer (PROpel) these studies will be pivotal in shaping and preparing for launch across our key countries. The successful candidate will work closely with the pricing and market access director, the DDR simulation and modelling team, our marketing companies (local affiliates), our alliance partner, and cross functionally, with an expectation that they will make impact into strategic discussions across R&D, medical, and commercial.
- Graduate degree in biomedical science, business, quantitative disciplines or economics.
- Oncology therapy area experience.
- Local or global launch experience, having worked at a senior level within a health economic consultancy or several years in a pharmaceutical company (either at a marketing company/local affiliate or global level).
- Ability to communicate technical matters in a clear, compelling and impactful way with others via a range of media (e.g. face to face, teleconferences, video conferences, formal presentations, strong scientific writing for reports, analysis plans, and emails).
- Global payer launch experience and global payer evidence development experience.
- Post-graduate degree in health economics or a related quantitative discipline.
Career level: F or G depending on experience.
If skills and experience align to Director level, the role will include line management responsibility.
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases.
Oncology business unit
We’re all here to make an impact – to achieve our bold ambition of eliminating cancer as a cause of death.
In the Oncology Business Unit we relentlessly follow the science, challenging the status quo to deliver more effective treatments to patients in need. Our commitment means we purposefully push back the limits of knowledge to change the practice of medicine to ensure no patient is left behind, no matter what stage of disease.
Why join market access at AstraZeneca?
Join a highly valued, strategic team that is fundamental in realising the potential of our life-changing medicines. It’s through our work that AstraZeneca is able to ensure the right access is provided to our transformative medicines.
Inspired by our people, patients and pipeline, we work cross-functionally to leverage our shared skills, knowledge and entrepreneurial spirit to change the way medicines are assessed and perceived, and turn ambitions into reality.
We’re pioneering Market Access innovations: this is the place to unlock opportunities and feed our love for the challenge. United by an unrivalled passion for patients and science and always performing at the top of our game.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you to the website of AstraZeneca.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!