Cambridge, UK / Gaithersburg, MD, US.
We are looking for in-depth knowledge of health economics and payer evidence requirements and its application to pharmaceutical development in the international environment, this is an opportunity to take on a role with a world-leading pharmaceutical company.
This is a global senior leadership role and will be responsible for setting the strategic HEPE direction for the compounds you are working on, demonstrating the value of our products to patients, payers and health authorities. You will collaborate with Clinical Development, Medical Evidence Generation, Observational Research, and Payer Teams in crafting and implementing innovative HEPE strategies and activities for target product profiles/claims, global payer evidence plans, and market access and pricing strategies. An equally meaningful part of your role will be to lead and influence the production of scientific evidence for robust portfolio decisions, global reimbursement dossiers and reimbursement submissions to achieve market access.
Predicting and resolving issues that affect market access decisions, and take ownership for detailed strategic and tactical planning and implementation of payer evidence plans. Part of your remit will involve preparing proposals for outsourced projects and collaborating with local market affiliates to prepare evidence that satisfies payer needs in their markets. As part of your leadership role, you will empower other functions to support the delivery of payer strategy, anticipating and removing obstacles to their delivery and providing them with expertise, support, challenge and resource as appropriate. This role is a crucial contributor to the continuous development of our HEPE R&I team, supporting the strategic direction as well as taking on coaching and mentoring tasks for junior members of the team.
- Confirmed understanding and knowledge of the development process for new molecules in order to influence development strategies and meet payer needs.
- Understanding of diverse pricing and reimbursement processes to improve reimbursement opportunities.
- Applying a strategic mentality by anticipating future possibilities and translating them to breakthrough strategies as well as being resilient towards setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Driving the publication strategy to support payer needs, generate peer-reviewed scientific publications, as well as effective communication of sophisticated ideas for use with both payers and other partners.
- Knowledge of international healthcare systems and their changing needs for health economic and payer evidence.
Education, Training and Experience
- Graduate / College degree in biomedical science, business, quantitative subject areas or economics
- Formal post graduate degree in health economics or a related quantitative subject area, or sophisticated work experience in this field
- Payer, Health Technology Assessment, public health, or health policy experience
- Payer launch experiences at a local, regional or global level (min. ≥3 launches at any level)
- In-depth knowledge and technical capability in health economics and payer evidence needs, and its application to pharmaceutical development at an international level, especially economic modelling, evidence synthesis, clinical trial design and analyses and other analytical techniques required to support payer needs.
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe
So, what’s next
Are you already envisioning yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Our Company Values & Behaviour’s underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines. Covid-19 Resources
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you to the website of AstraZeneca.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!