This is an exciting opportunity to join the Market Access team to support our dynamic and highly successful Oncology business unit. As Health Economics Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We are committed to advancing the science of oncology to deliver life-changing medicines to people most in need. Our broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused on four main disease areas: breast, ovarian, lung and haematological cancers, using four key scientific approaches: immunotherapy, tumour drivers and resistance mechanisms, DNA damage response, and antibody-drug conjugates.
Our ambition is to eliminate cancer as a cause of death through scientific discovery and collaborations.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
The Health Economics Manager (Oncology) will work in conjunction with the global HEOR function to shape the development of cost utility analysis models, systematic literature reviews, network meta analyses and other payer-related materials for HTA. You will also provide strategic input into pricing strategy and evidence needs.
In addition you will tailor the final deliverables to meet UK HTA needs, via a “hands on” approach and you will write the cost-effectiveness section for submissions to NICE, SMC and AWMSG, working collaboratively with your UK Market Access colleagues and the Medical team.
You will also represent AstraZeneca at appraisal committee meetings and within cross functional teams you will contribute to the strategic and operational planning processes.
- Extensive experience developing HE content for HTA submissions in either in a HEOR agency or in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to be able to develop cost-utility analysis and budget impact models in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge (or above) of Microsoft VBA
- Demonstrable record of collaborative working and personal delivery to agreed timelines
- Ability to prioritise effectively, based on business need
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong written skills
- Experience of training non-Health Economists in the effective delivery of HE outputs
- Experience in oncology therapy area
- Postgraduate qualification in health economics
- Experience of managing external suppliers
- Experience of up-skilling junior HE staff
- Other experience beyond Health Economics (e.g. NHS)
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you to the website of AstraZeneca.