Health Economics Manager:
- The Health Economic (HE) Manager reports into the Head of HTA for the UK and will be based in our offices in Maidenhead.
- Competitive salary and benefits, Bonus and flexible working.
- The HTA & HE Team is part of the UK Market Access Division and our mission is to turn research into reality by securing unrestricted access for patients to our life changing medicines.
- To secure positive recommendations for our medicines through full and holistic management of Health Technology Assessment processes.
- Support the development of global HE deliverables, working in close collaboration with global colleagues and external vendors.
- Lead the UK adaptation of global HE deliverables as required.
- Accountable for the cost-effectiveness (CE) and budget impact elements of UK HTA submissions, working with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Lead engagement with external experts in health economics to obtain external input and validate health economic approach.
- Represent AbbVie with a high degree of professionalism at NICE, SMC and AWMSG committees, and in meetings with NICE Evidence Review Groups.
- Core member of Commercialisation of Asset Teams (CoAT) as appropriate to the lifecycle of the product.
- Work with the CoAT and particularly Outcomes Research colleagues to identify and address evidence gaps relevant to demonstrating cost-effectiveness (CE).
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in a relevant subject e.g. life sciences, economics, mathematics or equivalent practical experience.
- MSc or PhD in Health Economics.
- Deep understanding of economic concepts relevant to UK HTA.
- Understanding of evidence synthesis techniques.
- Experience of developing and adapting CE models for UK HTA.
- Experience of developing CE and budget impact elements of UK HTA submissions.
- Ability to work collaboratively across matrix functions.
- Skilled in translating complex economic concepts into simple language.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com.
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
This job is posted by Abbvie.
This link brings you to the website of Abbvie.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!