The HOHTA team is the UK team accountable for gaining national access for our products at launch via Health Technology Assessment submissions to NICE, SMC, AWMSG etc. We are part of the Pricing Reimbursement and Access (PRA) function which covers the Northern European Hub (UK and Ireland plus Nordic countries) and includes a field based Key Account Management team.
Accountable for developing the health economic strategy and delivering Health Technology Assessment (HTA) submissions to gain national access for Lilly products in the UK and Ireland (and providing support across the Northern European Hub).
- Develop UK health economic and HTA strategies for Lilly pipeline products and line extensions.
- Oversee the development of submissions and manage the entire submission process for NICE, Scottish Medicines Consortium, All Wales Medicines Strategy Group and other health technology assessment groups.
- Select, manage, and support relevant market access agencies to prepare and write HTA submissions and ensure the delivery of quality outputs on time.
- Partner with the regional Global Patient Outcomes and Real World Evidence (GPORWE) function in the development and review of health economic models and associated deliverables (model reports, SLRs, NMAs etc) to ensure they are suitable for the UK HTA environment.
- Represent the Lilly Health economic case and respond to queries at NICE, SMC and AWMSG appraisal committee meetings
- Review and monitor competitor/comparator HTA submissions for key insights.
- Provide HTA and health economic support to colleagues across the Northern European hub
- Provide HTA and health economic input into cross functional Marketing/ Medical brand teams
- Ensure Real world evidence requirements for our brands are planned for from a HTA perspective
- Maintain awareness of significant developments in the field, including current health outcomes methodologies and applications, therapeutic area developments, and other issues as appropriate for specific position responsibilities
- Post-graduate Masters Degree in Health Economics (or including strong health economics element).
- Knowledge of all technical aspects of health economic evaluation, including methods of cost effectiveness analysis and assessment of patient quality of life and functional status, as well as the ability to apply health economics principles to practical issues
- Previous experience of NICE, SMC or similar submissions
- Excellent command of English (spoken/written) is essential
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications especially Excel
- Knowledge of NHS/ local payer environment
- Experience of multiple therapy areas
- Self starter with the ability to think outside the box to provide innovative solutions
This permanent position is based in the UK
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is a global healthcare leader that unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We were founded more than a century ago by a man committed to creating high-quality medicines that meet real needs, and today we remain true to that mission in all our work. Across the globe, Lilly employees work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
Embracing diversity is at the core of our long-held value of respect for people. It is the lens through which we understand and respond to the unique needs of the millions of individuals who depend on our medicines. For us, embracing diversity means understanding, respecting, and valuing differences, including but not limited to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. The greatest measure of our diversity efforts is our ability to attract and retain exceptional employees who feel comfortable in a culture that supports them being themselves.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
This job is posted by Lilly.
This link brings you to the website of Lilly.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!