Join the fastest growing team determined to change the practice of medicine and change the way we view cancer. Here we are removing the fear by eliminating cancer as a cause of death.
A dedicated Oncology unit, this is the place to build a world-class career. Here we are always looking to learn more, welcoming the varied opportunities to expand our horizons or develop niche expertise. Embrace the unparalleled access to industry-leading research, technology and pipeline product launches with a footprint in every region. Coupled with our agility and sharp focus on talent development, there is an exciting opportunity to accelerate a rewarding and meaningful career.
What you’ll do:
The Global Real World Evidence Generation (RWEvGen) Strategy Tumor Lead role sits within the Medical Evidence Generation and External Alliance function of the OBU Global Medical Affairs (GMA) organization. The RWEvGen Strategy Tumor lead/ Europe RWEvGen lead will work closely with the Global RWEvGen Strategy Tumor Area Lead/ Head of Europe RWEvGen Strategy and will lead the RWE strategy for a tumor(s) or indication(s).
You will represent the RWE Strategy perspective, globally/ at Europe level, on cross-functional teams and is responsible for the development and delivery of a centralized RWE strategy. This position requires an experienced individual with expert scientific knowledge of RWE and execution of epidemiologic, health economic, and outcomes research studies and their application throughout the drug development process. The role also requires strong leadership skills, business acumen, and excellent interpersonal skills.
As the RWE Strategy (RWES) Tumor Lead, the Associate Director will hold the overarching accountability for the development and execution of RWE strategy for a tumor within Oncology franchises. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Critically appraising the changing scientific and commercial environment and synthesizing pertinent information into actionable and impactful RWE strategies as a direct contribution to the Oncology TA Leadership Team.
- Overseeing the development and design of the RWES in collaboration with the broader Medical Evidence Generation and External Alliance function to support articulation of a products clinical and economic value.
- Providing RWE input to Global tumor strategy and medical plans, payer-related evidence plans, and regulatory strategies.
- Participate in the evidence generation planning process and resolution of complex issues, especially those involving RWE
- Fostering collaborative relationships with expert investigators in external academic institutions and research organizations and with internal stakeholders.
- Guiding the development of publication planning strategies and presentation/publication of scientific data at major medical and scientific meetings and in peer-reviewed journals.
- Prioritizing research activities, resources, and focus in the face of rapidly evolving product timelines in accordance with the RWES.
- Ensure inclusion and capturing of patient perspective where applicable and collaboration with the Patient Centered Science team to ensure inclusion of a patient-focused approach in the broader RWES
- For European RWEvGen role, participate in the monitoring of the Europe markets for appropriate data sources, for new initiatives with digital , Big data, AI components, allowing innovative data collection and analysis RWE approaches
- Doctoral/Masters degree in a relevant field (e.g., health economics, outcomes research, health services research, epidemiology, health economics, health policy or related fields)
- Experience in relevant field (e.g., academia, consulting, and/or industry); and experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in the design and conduct of observational research in Oncology is required; additional clinical expertise at different phases of drug development is preferred
- Experience in one of EU markets is requested
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you to the website of AstraZeneca.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!