For over 30 years, Gilead has been a leading innovator in treating and preventing HIV, but this expertise is just a foundation for our ambitions. As we continue to expand our scope into new disease states and new markets, we are investing in our global commercial capabilities. In this role, you will implement and manage Market Access and HEOR (Health Economic & Outcomes Research) strategies and tactics for the extensive Gilead HIV portfolio of Pipeline assets, ensuring our products are differentiated and bring value to our patients around the world. As such, we are looking for candidates who have either a Health-economics background with market access experience or market access background with a sound understanding of Health-economic approaches and applications.
Reporting to the Senior Director, GV&A HIV & Emerging Viruses, our Director of V&A/HEOR- HIV Pipeline will be responsible for leading Strategic Market Access/HEOR activities such as (but not limited to) the following:
- Develop and implement global Market Access/HEOR strategies and programs for our HIV portfolio of pipeline medicines to inform, support and strengthen commercialization activities including clinical development, marketing and reimbursement
- Partner closely with cross-functional business partners to develop and support product value proposition to optimize access, reimbursement and uptake
- Identify global HEOR evidence requirements and gaps; design, conduct and deliver studies and tools to support value demonstration and product differentiation for assigned indication
- Provide Market Access perspective input into the HIV pipeline portfolio clinical development programs
- Partner with GV&A Center of Excellence to guide development of PRO strategies; ensure PRO end points are included in product labeling and support product differentiation
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of industry issues and research relationships with HEOR KOLs
- Disseminate data and study results to support Market Access strategies
We’re seeking an analytical independent contributor with:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or managed care, including direct experience in HEOR
- Graduate Degree and relevant experience; Advanced degree in HEOR-related field preferred but not essential
- Experience in developing Market Access strategies and supporting value messages
- Strong understanding of HEOR assessments and execution of HEOR studies and models
- Experience in developing Global and/or AMCP dossiers
- HIV disease area experience an advantage but not essential
- Comprehensive understanding of Global healthcare systems and reimbursement processes/decision making or experience in US managed care
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it’s just what we do that gives us an edge, it’s how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity – Doing What’s Right
- Inclusion – Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork – Working Together
- Accountability – Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence – Being Your Best
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Everyday, we to transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Making an impact on a global scale and role description
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “Gilead” or the “Company”) to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
This job is posted by Gilead.
This link brings you to the website of Gilead.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!