The Team Leader will manage a small team comprising health economist(s) and EBM manager(s). They will also be expected to be involved in the development and delivery of the materials required to achieve access for our products at both the national and local levels.
The role will be office based and there will be close working with the rest of the HTA & OR group, the cross-functional brand team, and the Global support team. The HTA & OR group is responsible for gaining national access and supporting local and regional access for our medicines:
- Nationally, primarily by managing all submissions made to UK HTA Agencies (NICE, SMC, and AWMSG), as well as supporting the Irish business, the team develops submissions which apprise the agencies about the effectiveness, costs and broader impact of new and existing MSD medicines enabling decisions to be made around NHS resource allocation. The recommendations that these agencies make are pivotal as to whether our drugs are able to be prescribed by physicians for those patients who would benefit from them. The team is made up of people who are either HTA & OR (health economists) or HTA & EBM (clinical data analysis/synthesis) by background.
- The Team also plays a pivotal role in supporting marketing access strategies below the national level through the development of appropriate tools and resources.
The Team Leader is responsible for:
- Leading on developing the HTA strategy for defined products/indications.
- Engaging cross-functionally to ensure that there is clarity around the strategy and early identification of the specific needs from the brand teams to support the access strategy.
- Providing &/or supervising, the development/writing of relevant components of HTA dossiers to a high quality and in a timely manner with the support of team members.
- Providing &/or supervising input into the development of economic models for HTA submissions.
- Identifying the need for Real World Evidence and leading/collaborating on studies.
- Engaging with CORE around support needed for successful delivery of HTA dossiers.
- Tracking the evolving nature of our key external customers and communicating this to the wider business.
- Developing and delivering tools and messages for the brand teams to support marketing and regional/local access strategy.
- Leading on the development of technical expertise within the Group/Company.
- Mentoring junior members of the growing group.
- MSc in Health Economics, Evidence Based Health Care or related discipline.
- A good understanding of the NHS
- Experience leading on HTA submissions to NICE
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.
MSD is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms / recruitment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MSD via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MSD. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MSD as a result of the referral or through other means.
: Outcomes Research -Health Econ
: EMEA-United Kingdom-ENG-Hoddesdon
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings
Company Trade Name:MSD
This job is posted by MSD.
This link brings you the website of MSD.