Boudry, Switzerland / Princeton, NJ, US.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director, the selected candidate will be accountable for developing market access strategy for Neurology and/or Gastroenterology assets and support activities towards the launch of ozanimod in Multiple Sclerosis (in selected markets) and in Inflammatory Bowel Disease globally. He/she will be expected to provide advanced input on payer strategy, health outcomes differentiators, demand expectations, evidence generation plan and general market access viability. The individual is expected to work collaboratively with regional/local teams in their planning and execution of launch and access strategies.
The ideal candidate for this Director role has a deep understanding and application of global/large health care systems for market access, pricing and reimbursement success within the biopharmaceutical industry including launches. Documented track record of strategy development and leadership of people or matrix in international cross-functional environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identification of payer needs (unmet medical need, suitable comparators, and competitive space) and anticipation of their reaction to BMS products in scope.
- Conduct of a gap analysis between payer expectations and target product profile
- Partner with HEOR team in development and execution of a plan to address identified evidence gaps through additional studies, publications, messaging, and scientific communication
- Development of the product’s value proposition and steering the development/update of the product value resources (payer value story, global value dossier, objection handler, commercial toolkit etc) and train affiliates
- Execute market access strategies to achieve commercial market access objectives at value-appropriate pricing across the stages of the product lifecycle
- Review protocol design for health economic studies and integration of payer relevant endpoints in the clinical development plan
- Represent WW value, access & pricing strategy on cross-functional platforms, i.e Development Teams, and the Worldwide Brand Teams
- Has an in-depth understanding of payer’s unmet needs and their perspective in the key markets, as well as trends in Pricing & Reimbursement.
- Has an established and extensive network of payer contacts (pricing, reimbursement, policy, insurance) and KOLs.
- Has competitive intelligence, identifies early opportunities, and threats in the market and creates solutions to benefit from opportunities and to disarm threats.
- Has ability to identify key product advantages in the context of market requirements and provides key ideas for developing individual value stories around products.
- Can develop a clear understanding of the company’s financial goals, with a clear ability to prioritize, setting up timelines on an international level.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of the latest pricing, reimbursement and HEOR methodologies and approaches in the marketplace and how they can be employed to advance product value propositions
- Preferably has multi-year experience with health authorities, governmental economists and reimbursement agencies, hospital administrators and health care insurance companies’ general management, acquired at pharmaceutical companies, sickness funds, physician associations or health care consultancy companies.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- At least 7 years’ experience of biopharmaceutical industry with deep understanding and application of global/large healthcare systems for Market Access (Pricing & Reimbursement) or Health Economics & Outcomes Research. Alternatively, significant experience with a highly reputable consultancy in the access space with US, and EU5
- Experience with complex pharmaceutical treatments in particular immunology or rare diseases at affiliate and/or headquarter VAP functions
- Documented track record of strategy development and successful work experience in international, cross-functional matrix environment. Launch / commercialization experience desired
- Bachelor or advanced degree in science, business, economics, health policy or relevant area. MBA is an advantage.
- Prior relevant biopharmaceutical launch/strategic experience in a local market
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to synthesize complex information for strategic optionality / decision making by Senior Leadership and non-technical audiences
- Has strong influencing/negotiation skills and the ability to work at peer-level with experienced technical and commercial experts in other departments
- Displays business confidence to constructively challenge marketing and clinical colleagues
- Is a flexible team member with a positive attitude and the ability to prioritize projects.
- Is experienced and adept at navigating international, multi-lingual, and cross-functional organizational matrices within a diverse and cross-cultural work environment
- Ability to travel to international congresses and BMS internal meetings
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Worldwide Market access and pricing strategy is foundational for successful commercialization. As a leader within the WW Value, Access & Pricing (VAP) Strategy Team you will lead the development of value, access and price strategies for launch assets and life cycle management to support patient access to our medicines
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
This job is posted by Bristol-Myers Squibb.
This link brings you to the website of Bristol-Myers Squibb.