Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Our Global Market Access (GMAx) organization is driven by a passion to save and improve lives through ensuring sustainable access to our medicines and vaccines at a price reflective of their value. We work across the enterprise to deliver excellence in pricing strategy and execution, the development and implementation of integrated access strategies, shaping of the external access landscape and through innovation in patient access models and solutions. We work collaboratively across the enterprise and with regional and local market teams to drive sustainable patient access.
As a Regional Market Access Lead Oncology CEE & SEE (Central Eastern Europe & South-Eastern Europe), you will collaborate with a team of Market Access professionals to expand and sustain access for our company oncology portfolio in high growth CEE & SEE clusters, reporting into the Mid Europe Region (MER) Oncology Access Lead. You will work closely with cluster leads as well as managing directors and access leads in Eastern Europe. This is a region comprising of 15 countries in total and driving highest contribution to growth within broader MER.
What You Will Do
1.Guide CEE & SEE country access teams, to enable improved access for oncology patients in Eastern Europe.
2. Localize short- and long-term global access strategies and plans for all our oncology indications, in coordination with CER (Core European Region), country and global teams.
3. Work closely with pricing teams to ensure coherent pricing strategies across all markets to maximize value recognition and patient access.
4. Support the markets in addressing value, access and affordability priorities and challenges, provide necessary guidance to prepare access and price negotiations.
5. Align CEE & SEE Market Access business priorities and deliverables consolidate markets’ Pricing & Reimbursement needs/inputs, and communicate them to global teams.
6. Collaborate with MER research functions (Medical, MER Center for Observational & Real-World Evidence- CORE) to ensure appropriate data generation for the region enabling reimbursement.
7. Set clear guidance for, and oversee detailed analysis of oncology access & pricing assumptions in financial forecast cycles (May & Nov), ultimately reviewing with the CEE & SEE cluster leads to plan for timely access whilst minimizing due-to-price (DtP) impact.
8. As a member of the wider Access team, share best practice across regions and provide market input into our global product access plans to ensure the needs of local payers are met. Ensure that we advance innovation in enabling affordability solutions for the region.
9. Support the MER Oncology Access Lead to shape P&R policy through internal & external engagement and company’s response to regional payer and HTA trends.
What We Look For
To be successful in this role, you will have strong technical skills as well as leadership and business capabilities.
- BA/BS or Master’s degree in business administration, health policy, health economics, or equivalent
- At least 3 years of oncology and 5 years of overall pharmaceutical industry experience, including at commercial level, in market access, health economics, outcomes research, or pricing in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong of analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Proven track record of success in executing access strategies
- Be an inspiring leader and a team player, with a proven ability to establish influential relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to navigate the market access environment, with demonstrated success in identifying optimal routes to reimbursement that are consistent with the global strategy and in a rapidly evolving market access landscape, as well as addresses country requirements for HTA and/or tender processes
- Capability to interpret information across customers to influence external decision-makers with the goal of understanding and taking better care of patients
- Ability to leverage networks and information across digital, access, CORE, policy, and marketing
- Experience in leading with informal authority, managing through ambiguity, and ability to communicate clearly in a matrixed environment
- Passion for growth and leading by influencing others
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and make resource trade-offs across oncology indications
- A contemporary perspective of the business environment that enables a fresh outlook to the company’s business model and approach to meet future demands
This position can be based in any of the countries within Mid-Europe region.
Our company has had a presence in Switzerland since 1963. With a regional office and manufacturing/packaging facility, Lucerne is considered the center of operations. Approximately 1,000 people work collaboratively at the four Lucerne locations (Tribschenstrasse, Citybay, Schachen and Kriens) and a fifth location has been recently established in Zurich, aimed at accelerating the development and commercialization of many of our company’s medicines and vaccines, which supports our mission to save and improve lives around the world.
We are proud to be certified as a “Top Employer Switzerland” and “Top Employer Europe” showing the company’s commitment to our employees and the community around us.
+Ring Center, Kriens, Lucerne
The Ring Center building located in Kriens is our Regional Headquarters for Europe, Middle East and Africa. Employees from 50 nations across the region bring their diverse backgrounds and experiences together to develop solutions that benefit all our patients. From this site we provide leadership and support to more than 70 local subsidiaries around the world.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status: Regular
Flexible Work Arrangements:Not Specified
Valid Driving License:No
This job is posted by MSD.
This link brings you to the website of MSD.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!