Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Global Pricing Director will contribute by leveraging deep and long- standing experience driving the commercial value of a set of strategic products encompassing a prioritized therapeutic area through:
- Defining holistic and overarching pricing principles for the therapeutic area advancing pricing excellence in collaboration with other areas.
- Working with external partners and customers on establishing innovative pricing solutions for the therapeutic area.
- Providing pricing and reimbursement input into the early development of new products evaluating the value of competing evidence pathways.
- Developing global pricing and reimbursement strategies that maximize patient access and brand value.
- Consolidating various functional, market access and product performance related perspectives into one pricing and reimbursement policy serving as backbone for global pricing decision making.
- Adjusting the pricing and reimbursement strategy over a brand’s lifetime taking into account changes in the product profile and market environment to effectively compete with other brands and generic launches and minimize the risk of payer / governmental induced price reductions.
- Leading KPI and pricing metrics development that standardize and optimize the price management across the oncology portfolio.
- Scanning the oncology pricing & reimbursement (P&R) global landscape and health technology assessment (HTA) and pricing policy changes in support of brand or portfolio price optimization; works closely with oncology policy as appropriate.
- Leading above-brand pricing initiatives and innovation across oncology and potentially across Bayer Market Access; e.g., novel analytic approaches, strategic business unit (SBU) level pricing policy statements.
Who You Are:
- Academic degree preferably in Business Administration, specialization: Pricing, Strategic Planning, Marketing or similar.
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in Market Access, Pricing and Reimbursement in the pharmaceutical industry, with a track record of success developing effective pricing policies and driving strategy, in launching a pharmaceutical product and representing a company towards external stakeholders.
- Additional experience in an allied commercial or relevant function; e.g., market research, marketing, sales or related, preferred.
- Able to engage and maintain a large network of international opinion leaders in relevant areas (30+) including Pricing &Reimbursement, Health Technology Assessment, Health Policy and Public Affairs, and/or Consulting.
- Leadership: experience in leading teams of minimum 5 people is a plus, leadership in a local Market Access function is a plus.
- Detailed understanding of Pricing and Reimbursement systems of global key markets.
- Knowledge on Health Technology Assessment methods / health economics (HE) modeling is an advantage.
- Able to effectively work and communicate across multiple cultures and a breadth of functions and levels.
- Analytical competencies to structure complex issues, synthesize key points and communicate and present in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Strategic thinking, organization and planning skills.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, a second language is an advantage
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Switzerland : Basel-City : Basel
This job is posted by Bayer.
This link brings you to the website of Bayer.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!