The Global Access (GA) department at F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Ltd. based in Basel, Switzerland is seeking a Global HTA (Health Technology Assessment) Evidence Lead to join the Global HTA Evidence group within the Access Center of Excellence. This position would report to a Global HTA Evidence Team Enabler.
You will work with colleagues across the global organization (commercial and development) and local market access representatives to develop the HTA Evidence strategies and packages supporting decisions which determine access to Roche’s innovative offerings.
You will collaborate to develop the evidence package used by payers and other Health Technology Assessment bodies to support both the pre-launch and launch stage of reimbursement process. In the pre-launch phase, you will work to identify evidence gaps and data sources, design and execute evidence generation plans, and conduct analyses to address molecule and disease area questions to inform access and the broader integrated business. You will also contribute to functional, cross-functional, enterprise-wide or external initiatives that shape our business and healthcare environments including the application of novel methodologies used to support HTA decision making. This requires a good understanding of integrated access strategies, integrated evidence plans, healthcare environments, affiliate pricing & reimbursement needs, as well as strong scientific and technical expertise. You will need strong strategic, collaboration and communication skills, as well as a solution-driven and entrepreneurial attitude.
This position is required to:
- Have the ability to communicate clear integrated access evidence strategies and methodologies and insights derived from evidence used within HTA to diverse audiences. This requires an understanding of the broader context and how evidence can impact access and broader commercialization strategies.
- Collaborate with fellow employees across the organization to provide know-how required for the preparation of evidentiary plans and their application within HTA / reimbursement dossiers.
- Design and implement HTA evidentiary strategies: developing evidence to support HTA decision making including decision analytical models, network meta-analyses and/or the analysis of clinical trial data.
The role requires collaboration, as the candidate will be expected (Global Product Strategy, Product Development, and Countries, etc.) to provide expertise used in the preparation of HTA / reimbursement dossiers as well as more broadly implement access and commercialization strategies.
- Provides input into the design of clinical development programs to ensure evidence needs for HTA are considered within the global development and commercialization strategies
- Ensure that all functional activities are strategically aligned with other functions within Global Access and the wider organization (affiliates, Product Development, commercial, and others)
- Actively contributes to standard methodologies and continuous improvement within the HTA Evidence Group
- Keeps up to date with changing HTA landscape and academic research areas to ensure that current access trends and methodologies are incorporated into evidentiary plans and strategies
- Lead or contribute to cross-functional sub-team within an existing global matrix team
- [for higher levels] Builds and maintains relationships with relevant external HTA and policy experts and contributes to the development of methodologies relevant for HTA and payer activities
- Design/Implement HTA evidentiary strategies, including expert oversight of the evidence value story and key messages to support HTA submissions
- Lead one or more of the following activities: systematic reviews of clinical trials, feasibility assessments for conducting (network) meta-analysis, planning and preparation of HTA-related documentation in consideration of the input/feedback from affiliates and global colleagues
- Synthesize and prepare evidence including both systematic and targeted literature reviews and other sources to support HTA submissions
- Manage external agencies and be accountable for timely delivery of high-quality, consistent, and compliant access deliverables
- Masters or Doctoral level degree in a relevant discipline (MD, PharmD, PhD in health economics, epidemiology, public health, or life science disciplines are preferred)
- Previous experience in product development, regulatory, medical affairs or an access function
- Proven ability to critically evaluate and synthesize data and conduct from multiple sources to inform reimbursement and access strategies and tactics
- Extensive knowledge of health technology assessment, clinical research and development methods, and international payer evidence requirements
- Standout colleague with a positive mind-set who can work effectively with all key partners (including both global and local colleagues)
- 3 or more years’ experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry working successfully within a highly matrixed environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Track record of research publications and other research outputs of high quality is beneficial
- Previous experience working with evidence to support HTA and market access decision making
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want work in a hardworking team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Who we are
At Roche, 97,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
If you have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Basel-City, Basel
- Function Access
- Subfunction Health Technology Assessment
- Schedule Full time
- Job level
- Job type Regular
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Posted since 2020/07/03
- Posted until
- Job-ID 202002-104622
This job is posted by Roche.
This link brings you to the website of Roche.