At our heart we are committed colleagues. We offer interested people numerous opportunities and strongly believe in, and promote, diversity, equity, and inclusion. As a company we offer roles based on merit, welcoming candidates of any gender, age, religious belief, sexual orientation, race, color, ethnic or social origin, or disability.
Our team is growing and for this we need bright minds with creativity and flexibility – what talent do you have?
- Provide a single point of contact for all PVA activities related to Rare Genetics & Hematology (RGH) within the EUCAN Region
- Support Local Operating Companies (LOCs) with the planning and execution of Access & Pricing strategies, monitor progress and foster best-practice sharing across LOCs
- Represent Market Access and EUCAN region, in collaboration with the Global Pricing and Access and EUCAN regional cross-functional Integrated Franchise Teams
- Be an inspiring, knowledgeable and pragmatic leader, championing Takeda’s values, that fosters collaboration with cross-functional and global/region/LOC partners to optimize Access of Takeda’s RGH products to patients across Europe & Canada
- Setting clear access priorities for the region and RGH portfolio, in alignment with EUCAN PVA Head, including prioritization of access needs for launch brands, focus markets and growth initiatives
- Via continuous monitoring of PR&A developments in the region, alert region, country, franchise, brand and PVA teams to healthcare system developments, competitor activity or other events within the region that could have the potential to impact pricing/market access for Takeda’s portfolio.
- Lead a process for the collection and dissemination of information, data, insight and best practices on regional and country market access requirements in order to ensure that local requirements are being met.
- Lead access-related launch preparedness and key growth initiatives to facilitate optimal pricing and reimbursement for each country within the region, according to global strategy.
- Provide required regional market access support to the countries based on their local needs and available resources
- Represent EUCAN Market Access within the EUCAN Integrated Franchise Teams and within Global Product Teams
- Lead the regional pricing approval process and management for the relevant EUCAN portfolio.
- Identify needs for development of market access capabilities within the region and coordinate training with other relevant functions
- Provide single point of contact for all access-related topics within the region to relevant internal stakeholders
- Champion the regional and country needs within Takeda and ensure required resources are provided to the region for PVA activities.
Core Elements Related To This Role:
- Deep understanding of the regional and country market access requirements, the evolving environment and future trends to ensure that the market access regional needs
Dimensions And Aspects:
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Strong understanding of HTA/payer environment, pharmacoeconomics, HEOR and epidemiology
- Strong pricing and alternative pricing scheme (e.g. risk sharing other managed entry agreements) experience in strategy and local/regional implementation desired
- Robust understanding of key HE/OR principles and familiarity with HEOR/P&R dossiers (e.g. Global Value Dossiers)
- Ability to frame HTA strategies and arguments and be able to convert evidence into clear value messages
- Strong understanding of launch preparedness and pre-launch activities to optimize position of brand from a pricing and reimbursement perspective
- Highly developed collaborative leadership skills, including consensus building, information sharing and communication of priorities and expectations across functions in a matrix environment
- Ability to act decisively and exercise sound judgement in making decisions with limited information
- Ability to assess complex issues, evaluate potential solutions with both quantitative and qualitative analysis and develop business cases to gain alignment on strategic decisions
- Ability to interface with key individuals and organizational customers, industry contacts and suppliers, using tact and building partnerships
- Superior communication, negotiation presentation and influencing skills
- Proven ability to influence without authority and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Creates the environment that inspires and enables people to move the organization forward
- Ability to connect and inspire/lead different levels of organization
- Building of strong win/win partnerships across functions and countries
- Demonstrates strategic enterprise thinking
- Recognizes relationships within the organization with a clear sense of organizational impact
- Ability to engage with diverse stakeholders and manage their expectations
- Delivers superior results and elevate capabilities of the organization for now and for the future
- Establishes networks and processes to get permanent actionable insights on business
- Questions status quo
- Lives and champions Takeda values
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Works on abstract problems across access-related areas of the business. Identifies and evaluates fundamental issues for major functional areas through assessment of intangible variables.
- Provides direction / decision making on access-related topics across the region.
- Refers access issues with impact beyond the region to Head of EUCAN PVA, Global Pricing and Access team and/or relevant functional lead.
- Fosters solutions-oriented thinking by promoting a leadership culture and Takeda-ism by encouraging the following characteristics: performance, accountability, simplicity, empowerment, external orientation and curiosity.
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal business environment
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with internal and external business partners and demonstrates the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Builds strong partnerships; drive and respect role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions.
- Visionary and forward thinking with the ability to influence and effectively drive organizational change and continuous innovation
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward new solutions
- Ability to take risks in creating and testing untried solutions to business issues
Education, Behavioural Competencies And Skills:
- University degree required, advanced degree in related field (e.g., MA, MBA, MPH, MPA preferred)
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical commercial experience, including local and or regional market access experience
- Strong understanding of global payer environment, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing and contracting, formulary management, health technology assessment, HTA and payment policy
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead cross-functional team, including interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and succeed in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to conduct landscape analysis of external pricing and reimbursement environment and to synthesize relevant information to develop strategic plans.
- Ability to develop and test global and regional-specific value messages.
- Ability to develop tools that will support the regions in product value demonstration and communication.
- Excellent communication skills, strong oral/written presentation skills.
- Direct payer experience and/or experience in product commercialization desirable.
- Prior regional or global experience strongly preferred.
- Strategic planning and health policy experience strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of strategic pricing and contracting, including innovative approaches such as risk-sharing deals.
- Ability to review clinical and health economic literature, including clinical trial design and results, and pharmacoeconomic studies in order to understand implications for payers.
Empowering our people to shine
At Takeda, we earn the trust of society and our customers through our values of Takeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, Perseverance. We incorporate these values in everything we do. They represent who we are and how we act. They help us make decisions that we can be proud of today and in the future. We enable our employees to develop their full potential. As a global top employer, we offer exciting career paths, promote innovation, and strive for top performance in everything we do. Takeda fosters an inclusive, collaborative, and international work environment where our teams are united by their relentless commitment to our goal of improving people’s health and creating a better future for the world.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
Takeda is committed to foster diversity, equality, and inclusion. Hiring decisions are based entirely on qualifications and are made regardless of gender, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your application via our online tool!
This job ad will be unpublished on 15/12/2023.
This job is posted by Takeda.
This link brings you to the website of Takeda.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!