Zurich, Switzerland / Boston, MA, US.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine?Join us as aDirector, Health Economics for our Vaccines Business Unit, based in Zurich. Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Lead on the asset specific health economics deliverables including the ability to interpret and address the complex evidence requirements across priority markets.
- In collaboration with cross functional stakeholders (Clinical, Statistics, Epidemiology, Medical affairs , Policy and regional / local VE teams), lead health economic models and systematic literature reviews development and implementation.
- Participate and contribute to medical led burden of illness studies, observational research and patient-reported outcomes instruments while ensuring scientific robustness of study protocols, study execution, analyses, and reporting.
- Conduct and lead health economics engagements with external experts, advisory boards, HTA bodies and payers to inform the Payer Value & Access Evidence Plan, Global Value Dossiers and support vaccine recommendation and reimbursement processes in the key markets
- Lead the development of the health economics chapters of asset specific Global Value Dossier
- Lead the Health Economics evidence gap assessment for key LOCs and support LOCs in related evidence generation plans via active participation in the Evidence Generation Team.
- Lead coordination of Payer Value & Access publications and congress presentations;
- Represent team at Publications Subcommittee
- Ensure alignment of PVA plans with global congress and publications strategy.
- Active awareness of relevant congress for data dissemination
- Lead LOC health economic support by;ns;
- Actively building and maintaining knowledge of health economics challenges in the key LOC markets
- Frequent communication
- Train and advise LOCs on local adaptation of models, results interpretation and technical aspects related to health economic methodologies.
- Strategic mindset actively seeking to create solutions to health economic challenges by:
- Identifying challenges and researching potential solutions
- Lateral mindset unafraid to challenge the status quo and propose alternative approaches.
- Contributes to the development of evidence based global value propositions
- Anticipate future trends in the Health Economics field and related evidence needs:
- Monitor changes in the external environment and develops innovative ways of capturing the full economic value of vaccines
- Actively participate in Health Economic Networks / Peer groups/ ISPOR etc.
Education, Behavioural Competencies And Skills:
- MSc / PhD in Health Economics/Epidemiology/Statistics.
- Proven track record and significant experience of delivering HTA submissions and health economic models within a consultancy or pharmaceutical company
- Proven ability for strategic thinking and working across the business to define, generate and deliver health economics strategy.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills with the ability to influence and challenge without line management authority.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Strong enthusiasm with a drive to succeed and the ability to work independently
- Project management skills with ability to work on numerous projects in parallel
- Display solid ethics.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Excellent understanding of vaccines and dengue in particular.
- Experience with HTA submission and access hurdles in Latin America and Asia Pacific
- Good understanding of infectious disease epidemiology
- Motivated by demonstrating the full value of vaccines and shaping health economic movement on how better to address current hurdles. Opportunity to publish and participate in associated networks.
Education, Behavioural Competencies And Skills:
Undergraduate degree in Economics, Health or Social Sciences or related technical field
- Graduate (e.g. Msc) qualification in Economics or related field
- 5-10 years as Health Economics and/or Outcomes Research manager in the pharmaceutical industry or as consultant
- Experience in an international, corporate environment
- Language requirement:English; additional languages are plus.
At our heart are committed colleagues. We offer interested people numerous opportunities and strongly believe in, and promote, diversity, equity and inclusion. As a company we offer roles based on merit, welcoming candidates of any gender, age, religious belief, race or ethnic origin or disability. Our team is growing and for this we need bright minds with creativity and flexibility – what talent do you have?
Zurich, Switzerland / Boston, MA
This job is posted by Takeda.
This link brings you to the website of Takeda.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!