*This position is also open to being remote-based, depending on candidate’s experience.
Implements a broad range of analyses working with little or no supervision and has substantive involvement in planning and design phases of a project. This individual will work independently to support the sponsor team on epidemiological studies using large health administrative databases such as MarketScan/Truven, Optum, CPRD, etc, pp ort the sponsor team on epidemiological studies using large health administrative databases such as MarketScan/Truven, Optum, CPRD, etc. This individual will also be required to provide input in the planning and designing phases of projects under the supervision of a more senior staff member. The main programming language is SAS (e.g., SAS Base, SAS Stat, SAS Macro), but this position also requires knowledge of Python, PySpark or R. Promising SAS candidates without these additional skills will be provided the opportunity for additional training. In addition, this individual will participate in quantitative analysis of retrospective and prospective data, clinical and observational, and both existing data and data collected explicitly for research objectives (de novo data collection) working with the researchers in Evidera.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements a broad range of data manipulations and analyses working with little or no supervision.
- Substantive involvement in planning and design phases of project. Implements or oversees implementation of cohort selection, variable derivation, data manipulation, analyses, and production of results, including validation and review of others’ programs, all per RWE good programming practices.
- Reviews and provides critical input into SAPs, study reports, and other relevant documentation for internal or external communication.
- Recommends internal process improvements to RWE good programming practices SOPs and other RWE processes.
- Teaches/mentors junior staff.
- Participates effectively on client calls and addresses questions related to the implementation of the protocol/SAP.
- Presents to internal teams and suggests alternative approaches towards analyses, documentation, and general process improvements.
Education, Professional Skills & Experience:
- Education fields: Epidemiology, Health Economics, Biostatistics or related field
- PhD with at least 1 year of relevant work experience; MSc with at least 3 years of relevant work experience; Bachelors with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Intermediate understanding of epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, or biostatistics.
- Computer programming or software skills required: Advanced knowledge of SAS Base or similar programming language, and Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook. Optional software skills: knowledge of SAS macro.
Personal Skills & Competencies:
- Inquisitive, curious, passionate about data, attention to minute details.
- Communicates and documents information effectively in written English, including the ability to produce reports, documents, emails and other written pieces which are well-organized, free from errors, and are appropriately adjusted to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to quickly develop and sustain positive rapport with internal contacts in person, over the phone and by email.
- Presents ideas to individuals and groups in a formal presentation setting.
- Analyzes, responds to, and resolves enquiries, issues and escalations.
- Evaluates, plans and accomplishes multiple work goals in a timely fashion.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new information, skills and procedures.
- Proactive and positive approach to tasks and projects, as well as resilience when encountering process, project, budget or client changes that are inherent in the consulting environment.
Evidera is a business within in Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, with clear opportunities for growth and career progression. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers. Our offices boast a fun and collaborative working environment, frequent social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all our staff.
Evidera’s Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Judgment
If you resonate with our core competencies and want to contribute to research and consulting services driven by world-class science and thought leadership, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
This job is posted by PPD.
This link brings you to the website of PPD.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!