Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
- Develop & Champion a clear national & regional market access strategy for Alexion AZ in Spain & Portugal
- Identify the optimal pricing, reimbursement, and commercial model for our portfolio in the context of the wider health economy and reimbursement system at a national and sub-national/payer level, aligned with Global Strategy and local needs.
- Lead the Market Access Regional Team (Field team)
- Lead and implement the tendering strategy
- Lead the development of the market access component of the Country Operational Plans & Lead the Market Access team in delivering the Country long range and yearly tactical Plan
- Participate as a strong member of the Spanish Leadership Team
- Work closely with the commercial & medical teams to represent and champion the pricing and market access priorities.
- Collaborate with aligned functions to maximize business performance and coordination of plans & activities: PAOs, Gov Affairs, Comm, Commercial, Legal, Compliance, Cust Operations.
- Work with International to ensure that value tools are customized appropriately when relevant for Spain/Portugal (e.g. GVD, Budget Impact Models)
- Ensure the needs of the Spanish/Portuguese payers are fully considered in the development of the Global Value & Access Strategy and evidence gaps relevant for Spain/Portugal are elevated in Global plans
- Oversee development of outreach and engagement plan for key payers and their influencers
- Oversee development or adaptation of local payer toolkits (including payer product value materials)
- Monitor Health Care Reforms & measures impacting Orphan drugs in terms of Market Access & Pricing. Anticipate the consequences in terms of Challenges & Opportunities.
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing a National Market Access function including P&R negotiation with MoH
- At least 5 years’ experience leading Regional Market Access Field teams
- Tendering experience is a plus
- Rare disease experience is a plus
- Deep Understanding of Spanish Healthcare System, Regional Health System, stakeholders, processes and funding flows.
- Ability to combine strategic vision with tactical hand-on execution and a high work capacity
- Proven leadership ability with demonstrated results through influence management
- Proven negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skill with the ability to build working relations both internally and externally
- Experience in working in a dynamic, lean environment is strongly preferred
- Fluent English and Spanish
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease.
This job is posted by Alexion.
This link brings you to the website of Alexion.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!