For our Global Oncology Market Access Team (GMAP) team located in the US (DSI) and in EU (DSE), we are looking for an Senior Manager (m/f/x) Global Oncology RWE Analytics & Operations.
The purpose of this role is to drive Real World Evidence (RWE) generation strategies, accelerate the speed of RWE generation, and support the implementation of RWE studies in close alignment with key global and regional functions. The RWE Analytics & Operations manager will work with Global HEOR asset leads on identifying opportunities for advanced analytics and innovative research methodologies to fill evidence gap assessments and RWE tactics across the oncology portfolio towards a successful market access for the Daiichi-Sankyo oncology products. He/She will support the asset specific HEOR strategy in coordinating data requirements and performing analysis for evidence generation activities under the Global Oncology Market Access & Pricing department for the Oncology Business Unit, in close collaboration with cross-functional evidence generation teams. The RWE Analytics & Operations senior manager reports directly into the RWE Analytics & Operations Lead and is responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of RWE analytics and enables cross-functional coordination of evidence generation activities with global and regional functions, including Medical Affairs, Marketing, and others, to feed into the to Global Project Teams (GPTs) and Global Brand Teams (GBTs) for endorsements. The role will also lead the development of the RWE operating model for data generation and dissemination in close collaboration with the HEOR asset leads, including new processes and refinement of existing operating procedures, as well as building and retaining the institutional memory.
Roles and responsibilities:
The Global Oncology RWE Analytics senior manager will have the responsibility and accountability for the following:
- Deliver strategic planning and project implementation using RWD and RWE analytics to extract insights and generate evidence for payers, HTA and pricing & reimbursement submissions
- Provide technical input and guidance on the application of RWE analytics and data requirements, from translation of the research question into analysis plan and project delivery
- Develop and maintain systematic evidence generation processes with observational health data research methods and tactics to adapt to evolving evidence needs in close alignment across all impacted functions
- Provide technical expertise on the evaluation and assessment of various RWD sources and maintain current knowledge on the evolving use of RWE for market access and payer negotiation
- Effectively manage processes for RWE project implementations, as well managing outsourcing activities towards external consultancies and contractors, ensuring delivery according to key milestones, budget and to agreed and expected quality
- Develop analytics capabilities, toolsets, and processes to build and retain an institutional memory in RWE study conduct and RWD access
- Work closely with the HEOR asset leads to effectively execute RWE studies and generate HEOR & RWE strategies to support the Daiichi Sankyo oncology assets
Personal skills and professional experience:
- Doctorate or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., health economics, public health, epidemiology, health informatics, statistics/mathematics)
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, 3 of which must be working in the healthcare analytics and/or RWE field
- Expertise in statistical analysis and development in programming languages such as R/Python/Matlab/SQL, as well as visualization of healthcare data
- Hands on experience with HEOR methodologies and RWE analytics across all phases of the product life cycle is preferred
- Track record of supporting HEOR studies through the application of novel and innovative methods using RWD to fill evidence generation gaps
- Expertise in various RWD sources (EMR/EHR, claims, disease registries, etc.) and clinical data standards, including medical terminologies, vocabularies, and ontologies
- Knowledge and experience of Oncology therapy areas is strongly preferred
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of key drug development processes, plans, studies, and strategies including clinical, regulatory, scientific, operational, and commercial aspects of drug development. Uses knowledge to the organization’s advantage; generates new ideas and enables the organization to improve business performance.
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of HEOR methods and RWD, the issues and challenges of applying these alongside clinical studies in drug development, and delivers novel informatics solutions
- Strong influencing skills and ability to navigate in a matrix organization, with proven ability to work cross-functionally, build coalitions and develop strong partnerships across functions
- Understanding of RWD landscape across various geographies and be familiar with market-specific data quality and coverage considerations
- Demonstrates personality traits and values to be successful in the role, such as strategic thinking, integrity, collaboration, commitment, etc
- Experience within a pharmaceutical industry, consulting, or equivalent organization involved in research and development of healthcare technologies and/or delivery solutions
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills and ability to work under pressure, to take accountability for business challenges, think strategically and tackle complex problems
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to identify trends and emerging patterns in areas such as acceptance, governance, and analytical methods of RWE in HEOR, HTA assessments, Market Access, and Healthcare delivery and payer requirements
- Ability to travel up to 30%
What we offer
Working at Daiichi Sankyo
At Daiichi Sankyo in Europe, we offer a workplace where your voice is heard. Everything we do, we do with a high level of commitment and a clear focus on patients’ needs. We know that our bold ambition to change patients’ lives for the better can only be achieved through the power of collaboration and the exploration of new approaches. Thus, we encourage our colleagues across Europe to be courageous, to bring their ideas to the table and to embrace opportunities to grow. When you join our European family, you will be a part of a dynamic company where everyone, no matter their role, rolls up their sleeves and gets things done.
Passion for Innovation. Compassion for Patients.
Daiichi Sankyo and its 16,000 employees in more than 20 countries are dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical products. In Europe, we focus on two areas: In the cardiovascular space, our strong portfolio of medicines reflects our long-standing commitment and shows that we care for every heartbeat; in oncology our goal is to become a global pharma innovator until 2025 by providing novel therapies to patients across the world. Our European headquarters are in Munich, Germany, and we have affiliates in 13 European countries.
This job is posted by Daiichi Sankyo.
This link brings you to the website of Daiichi Sankyo.
When you apply, please mention that you found the job via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!