The Health Economics Modelling Unit (HEMU) is a Business Unit within Parexel Access Consulting. HEMU is a dedicated unit with staff based in the UK, US and Sweden, whose purpose is to provide health economics consultancy services to international pharmaceutical and medical devices companies. The unit focuses on the development of Health Technology Assessment compliant cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses of drugs and devices. It will also include wider forms of modelling such as early economic models, payer value tools, and country adaptations. Projects may variously employ mathematical, statistical, economic and operational research modelling techniques applied to the evaluation of drugs and devices in a wide range of health conditions. The unit works closely with the other parts of Parexel Access Consulting including Evidence Review, and Pricing & Market Access which focus on systematic literature reviews, value communications, and HTA dossier development.
As an Associate you will develop a knowledge of the organization’s basic consulting models and methodologies, as well as basic knowledge of what services Parexel Access Consulting provides. You will be technically competent and continually developing your skills to support the development of health economic models, such as cost-effectiveness and budget impact models, to understand the economic value of clients’ products and interventions.
This role will be based in the Nordic Operation’s office at Sveavägen 63 in the Stockholm city center.
Within project teams under the guidance and leadership of senior team members, objectives of the role will be to:
•Provide high quality, timely, scientific/strategic solutions to meet client needs.
•Conduct and analyse primary and secondary research, which will shape the development of strategic recommendations.
•Build and check health economic models, using appropriate software tools, to elucidate and express the economic value of clients’ products.
•Systematically search for and synthesise disparate qualitative and quantitative health economic evidence, and interpret meaningfully.
•Write, refine, review and critique sections of reports, journal manuscripts and other deliverables for client or external delivery.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a Life science or quantitative discipline is essential.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in either Life science or a quantitative discipline is desirable, such as health economics, economics, mathematics or statistics.
- Fluent verbal and written English communication skills are essential. Any additional language skills are desirable.
- Minimal CRO industry or previous Access Consultancy environment experience.
- Strong computing skills (MS Office) – Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Experience of programming and software such as VBA, SAS, R is an advantage.
- High analytical ability.
- A high degree of written accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, both oral and in writing, especially in the relaying of technical information.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, ambition and flexibility.
- Keen interest in medical research, provision of healthcare and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Training and/or experience in health economics and/or outcomes would be an advantage.
Expect a very successful, highly qualified and dynamic team. We offer you the opportunity to grow and develop within our global organization. You can look forward to a benefit package and flexible working hours within a very friendly and informal working atmosphere.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!
This job is posted by Parexel.
This link brings you to the website of Parexel.