Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the lives of patients in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
Ensures critical evidence is explored, compiled or generated to support market access plan development and execution, in line with key strategic business objectives, based on insightful review of available information and a broad understanding of the payer needs and priorities.
Develops and delivers strategic and operational Market Access plans for our medicines
Engages with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the reimbursement and access goals are achieved in line with AstraZeneca business priorities
Manages pricing and reimbursement contract processing, analysis and reporting. Contribute to the optimization of Market Access processes implementation and efficiency
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to market access plan development and execution for new brands/ new indications of existing brands, in line with key strategic business objectives, based on a broad understanding of the payer environment and of priority needs.
- Cross functional collaboration at strategic level with local Medical Leads, Business Unit Heads, Regulatory on MA priorities setting to ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Explore and map treatment reality to capture relevant gaps versus treatment guidelines/SoC; incorporate that evidence in communication with payers to demonstrate unmet medical need and uncover treatment opportunities that drive practice improvement.
- Screen and monitor legislation in area of reimbursement, HEOR and analyze and identify potential impact on the company’s portfolio of products;
- Integrate national legislation in the Market Access strategies and action plans, develop, implement and monitor action plans;
- Execute the Health Technology Assessment processes and liaise with HTA bodies (includes reimbursement process);
- Collect and analyze outcomes research, health economics and budget impact data, and translate it into meaningful, relevant datasets;
- External environment scanning, including market and competitors, performing of specific case assessment and risk analysis to evaluate potential impact on our portfolio.
- Monitoring of policy environment, relevant stakeholder’s communication and interactions, capturing meaningful insights on future trends to propose solutions that promote legislation improvement. Keep the SMT and Value Teams members updated (contribution to dedicated WGs in Trade Association)
- Work collaboratively within Market Access regional network forum, sharing expertise, adopting/implementing/customizing best practices to avoid duplicative work.
- University degree preferably within health economics, medicine or business economics
- Solid understanding of the current healthcare system in Romania
- Understand the pharma business model and market place
- Excellent understanding of the health care/reimbursement environment, it’s stakeholders, relationships, related regulatory and legislative processes, challenges and opportunities
- Experience in liaising with pharmaceutical governmental bodies and other relevant external stakeholders relevant for access and reimbursement
- Strong capabilities to work in a complex matrix structure with different function and brands; experience in effectively and persuasively articulating complex issues to key decision makers
- Curiousness and learning agility
- Mastery of verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Very good command of English
- Highest standards of integrity and ethics
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we play a critical role in making our pipeline accessible to patients. It’s our knowledge of patients, fused with our forward-looking mindset and innovations, that helps us to spot opportunities, get involved earlier and approach access sustainably. A crucial role in the business, we look to the future, analysing trends and spotting opportunities. This shapes the advice we offer, as we translate it into strategic and technical actions across the enterprise.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So what’s next?
Interested in this role? We look forward to meeting you!
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you to the website of AstraZeneca.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!