Porto Salvo, Portugal.
We are looking for a driven intern seeking to start their career in consulting. During this internship, you will enhance your Health Economics skills while supporting our projects.
You will work in a dynamic, global company of over 85,000 employees in more than 140 countries with a broad range of healthcare information, technology and service offerings. As part of our team, comprised of 100 Health Economists, Epidemiologists and Biostatisticians, you will develop your knowledge and skills to effectively contribute to the generation of insights and solutions for our clients. Above all, your work will impact decision-making in various health care systems on treatment innovations, care provision and access in EU, and beyond.
Our clients operate in the life sciences industry, including the global top 20 pharmaceutical, medical device and biotech companies, as well as public health providers and regulatory authorities. They are looking for insight and evidence around the safety, efficacy, effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of health care delivery systems, medical devices, and pharmaceutical products spanning the full spectrum of therapeutic and disease areas. Our diverse mix of clients, the breadth of disease areas, as well as increasing access to novel data sources and methodologies provide a constant and rewarding challenge for our people.
What you will do:
- Produce materials and services relating to the Health Economics Outcomes Research business areas (health economic modelling, systematic literature reviews, global value dossiers, evidence synthesis, statistical analysis, health technology assessment submissions, reports and publication development for value communication) that generate value for clients
- Have the opportunity to liaise with clients directly and develop client communication & presentation skills, as part of a project team
- Contribute to internal initiatives for the advancement of innovative methodological approaches
- Work closely with a diverse range of peers, project managers and subject matter experts, both in the Portuguese office and offices across Europe
- Support the team on other ongoing projects
Who you are:
- You must be studying for (or recently completed) a postgraduate degree in Health Economics or Economic evaluation, or another relevant discipline
- You have strong numeracy and quantitative skills as well as competency using MS Excel and/or statistical packages (e.g., R, SAS)
- You have an excellent command of English language, both written and spoken
- You are capable of tackling loosely defined problems analytically and applying pragmatic and logical problem-solving skills
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and clients and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms and in a structured way, both spoken and written
- We do not support reallocation fees.
- You need to be eligible to work in Portugal to be considered.
- The internship will last 6 months and will be based in our offices in Oeiras.
- The starting date is flexible
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background enhances the work environment for our employees and leads to better solutions for our clients.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world.
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
This job is posted by IQVIA.
This link brings you to the website of IQVIA.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!