The Market Shaping & Policy Team is responsible for key projects relating to market access and market development for BD’s products in Poland. For this purpose we combine technical market access skills with specific know-how in HEOR and reimbursement as well as extensive public affairs activities. The team is part of the strategic function “BD Advanced Healthcare Services”, which also includes Strategic Account Management & Key Account Management as well as Strategic Marketing. The interdisciplinary staffing of the entire department enables close collaboration and interlinking important competencies to develop and implement future-oriented solutions for our customers and patients. To strengthen our team, we are looking for technically competent, intellectual and entrepreneurial driven people who would like to shape the health care market together with us.
The Market Access and Policy Manager is responsible for conception and implementation of projects that seek to successfully introduce BD´s innovations and to develop the healthcare environment for existing solutions in Poland. The ideal candidate is able to anticipate the need for market shaping projects, to actively own the political environment and to successfully implement strategic projects.
The main tasks and responsibilities can be summarized as follows:
- Creating transparency of market access requirements and legal framework for innovative diagnostics, medical devices, digital medical devices, IT platforms and robotics in Poland
- Active management of market access and market development projects in collaboration with the regional sales and marketing teams. Focus is on preparation and shaping of requirements for successful product launches and technology adoption (e.g. influencing guidelines and reimbursement)
- Networking and informal management of interdisciplinary project teams. Close collaboration with internal specialists from HEOR, public policy and product management to align priorities and work streams and to prepare regular leadership reports
- Influencing the political, social, technological and economic environment towards the subject of “patient safety” at regulatory and governmental levels
- Active network activity with relevant opinion leaders for inpatient and outpatient health care (e.g. Ministry of Health, physician societies, medical chambers, medical technology associations)
- Ensuring a high level of acceptance for BD’s solutions by developing and delivering clinical and economic value messages to regulatory bodies and key influencers in the health care markets.
- Being hands-on business partner for BD´s sales and marketing teams in Central-Eastern Europe to handle daily topics of health care politics and legislation
The dynamic environment at BD demands a sense of responsibility and passion for the job. The suitable candidate combines technical expertise with creativity, organizational skills and ambition. The informal leadership of interdisciplinary teams requires a high degree of empathy, inspiration, communication and dedication. At BD, successful teams are very important and the suitable candidate is able to motivate colleagues from different professions and hierarchical levels and ensure mutual success. A strong focus on implementation and results is required.
The Market Access and Policy Manager reports to the General Manager Poland with strong dotted-line to our Head of Market shaping & Policy, Central Europe. The position is located in Poland (remote). Project-based issues can also arise in other Eastern European markets with direct sales by BD.
A preferred candidate comes with the following profile:
- Master’s degree or equivalent degree in (health) economics, public health, political science, pharmacy, law or medical professional, preferable with additional qualifications
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in relevant positions and with proven success, ideally with initial management experience
- In-depth understanding of the regulatory and political framework and environment in key countries. Knowledge of other health systems is also desirable
- Native English and Polish
- Ability to quickly familiarize with complex subject areas, to reduce them to what is necessary and to convert them into successful (commercially feasible) strategies
- Hands-on mentality and sense of responsibility as well as willingness to travel (approx. 40%) within the Eastern-Europe region
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD’s mission to ADVANCE THE WORLD OF HEALTH goes beyond manufacturing and distributing the latest technology. In a dynamic health care system, it is becoming increasingly important to understand critical factors in public health care and to monitor social, political and technological developments. In order to address the most urgent challenges in the health care system we help to integrate innovations and shape market conditions.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day. You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
BD values equity in the workplace without discrimination for any disability, class, ethnicity, age, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation.
To learn more about BD visit https://bd.com/careers
POL Warsaw – ul. Osmanska
This job is posted by BD.
This link brings you to the website of BD.