Department of Nursing Science conducts multi-disciplinary research, currently related to development of health care services, user participation, elderly care, and eHealth. Health promotion, early intervention, cooperation as well as (re)habilitation are core dimensions. The department has expertise in complex interventions and implementation. For more information, see the department’s homepage Department of Nursing Science – Institute of Health and Society (uio.no).
The fellowship period is 3 years and devoted to being a part of the project entitled Connecting ORAL health-and home care service for patients receiving home care in Norway (CORAL). The project is funded by The Research Council of Norway. The research fellow will take part in a work package in CORAL focusing on oral- and general quality of life measurements and health economic evaluations related to oral health in elderly receiving home care in Norway. Learn more about the project at Connecting ORAL health-and home care service for patients receiving home care in Norway (CORAL) – Institute of Health and Society (uio.no).
The research fellow must take part in the Department’s approved PhD program and is expected to complete the project within the set fellowship period. The main purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree. For more information, please see our web site (Doctoral degree: PhD in medicine and health sciences – Faculty of Medicine (uio.no))
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree (120 ECTS) or an equivalent qualification in a field relevant to the project CORAL (health economics, statistics, public health, community health etc.) with minimum grade B (ECTS grading scale) or equivalent. The Master’s degree must include a thesis of at least 30 ECTS.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English. Fluent in a Scandinavian language is preferable.
- Experience with scientific publishing and experience with health economic evaluation is not a requirement, but will be regarded as an advantage.
You should be highly motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team. Value will be placed on compatibility of the applicant’s professional and personal disposition
- Salary NOK 491 200– 553 500 per annum depending on qualifications in a position as PhD Research fellow (position code 1017)
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
How to apply
The application must include
- Cover letter statement of motivation and research interests.
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work).
- Copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only).
- Documentation of english proficiency.
- A complete list of publications and academic works.
- List of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number).
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system, please follow the link “apply for this job”. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
Applicants may be called in for an interview.
This job is posted by Euraxess.
This link brings you to the website of Euraxess.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!