The Cytel team is looking for a scientific and strategic health economic modeller or biostatistician with experience in health economic modelling and/or data analytics, and an ability to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways. Typically manages projects independently from proposal to completion. Acts as the client’s primary point of contact for project related communications, perhaps with support from technical experts where required, and taking ownership for the needs of the client.
· Lead and manage the execution of projects with analytical components which include health economic modelling and/or statistical analyses including:
o Economic modelling projects including but not limited to: cost-effectiveness, budget-impact, cost-consequence, and cost-minimization models
· Determine the most appropriate model structure for the clients research question
· Development of a modelling analysis plan
· Model parameterisation
· Programming of core economic models fit for HTA submissions
· Interpretation of model results and sensitivity analyses
· Technical report writing
o Patient-level data trial analysis projects including but not limited to: survival analyses, health-related quality of life analyses, and medical resource use analyses
· Design and develop a statistical analysis plan
· Conducting and interpretation of the trial analyses
· Technical report writing
· Responsible for client communication, such as regular email communication and video calls, and present findings of the modelling and/or analytical work
· Contribute to business development through drafting project proposals and budgets
· With support, manage a project team and take responsibililty for ensuring client deliverables are produced on time and to the highest quality and scientific rigour. Keeping clients updated on project progress and engaging on technical and scientific issues which arise during the course of the project
· Where appropriate, advising and supporting more junior colleagues to contribute to project deliverables, helping them develop technical and soft skills and supporting their career development.
Education: Master’s degree in Mathematics, Biostatistics, Engineering, Data Science, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Epidemiology, Health Economics or other relevant scientific field. PhD or MD highly desirable
Experience: 4+ years of experience in the clinical trials or health research or consulting environment. Extensive experience and interest in advanced trial analysis and evidence synthesis.
· Extensive experience in health economic modelling and/or trial data analyses.
· Interest in analytical methods and its application in the context of regulatory and reimbursement requirements
· Comfortable presenting and interfacing directly with clients. Strong technical-writing, oral communication and presentation skills, excellent use of the English language.
· Curious, collaborative, entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work effectively in a demanding, challenging, rapidly changing environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work constructively with both more junior and more senior colleagues, providing and receiving feedback.
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to execute in complex situations at the tactical level.
With over 90+ health economic and outcome research experts located in various countries, the Cytel team offers expertise in evidence synthesis, trial analyses, health economic modelling, comparative effectiveness analyses, medical writing and value communication.
Apply for this role