In this role you are responsible for the market access strategy in the launch of new indications and/or chemical entities for both retail and hospital care.
Your responsibility involves pricing & reimbursement, developing simple compelling and customised value propositions, including economic and clinical arguments and evidence for payers, regulators, and budget-holders in order to grant national and local market access to companies´ products.
Furthermore you will develop actions and programmes with stakeholders to build relationships, gain insights on their needs and be perceived as a trusted partner; support the brand team.
You will report to the Head of Market Access.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Play an active part within brand teams and identify opportunities to work collaboratively with cross-functional colleagues to deliver on brand objectives
- Customise technical data into simple compelling messages in the format required and appropriate for local stakeholders
- Define Value Propositions by consolidating Core Value Dossiers, stakeholder needs, local environment and brand priorities
- Propose to brand teams and provide training of analysis, tools, evidence, actions and programmes to support and communicate the value propositions
- Monitor changes and competitive situation in the environment in order to anticipate risks and opportunities for Market Access and companies’ products
- Understand stakeholder needs and requirements for demonstrating value
- Develop access and pricing scenarios, reimbursement strategies and monitor prices together with the Head of Market Access
- Prepare submissions and objections handling
- Prioritise market access activities together with Head of Market Access
- Liaise with European Market Access to identify further requirements for local market access
Skills and experience required
- You have a Master’s degree ideally in a life science subject or in (Health) Economics
- Knowledge of cost-containment measures used to manage pharmaceutical expenditure in The Netherlands
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in the pharmaceutical industry, consultancy or within a healthcare payer or provider Knowledge of local market mechanics, healthcare policy and funding pathways
- Knowledge of payer mindset and motivations in The Netherlands
- Knowledge of health-economic principles
- Preferably knowledge of working in a matrix environment
- Working experience with market access, preferably the launch of an innovative product and skilled in building new stakeholder relationships
- Proven ability to motivate and influence others, step up and take leadership to own toughest challenges
- Strong business savviness and anticipating and acting on future opportunities
- Ability to deal comfortably with ambiguity, uncertainty, and risk. Learn fast, grasps the “essence” and able to change course quickly where indicate
Competencies/ Ways We Work:
All for one AbbVie
Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally and with partners outside of team to enable higher performance. Builds highly effective teams for the good of AbbVie. Motivates and can influence others, including those over whom they have no direct authority. Manages inclusively and equitably across all.
Decide Smart and Sure
Deals comfortably with ambiguity, uncertainty and risk. Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated. Makes high-quality decisions with less than perfect information. Acts consistently with our ethics, obligations and the law. Lives AbbVie values.
Agile and Accountable
Steps up and takes leadership to own toughest challenges. Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo. Delivers business results while positioning AbbVie for success in the future. Seeks to simplify and removes bureaucracy.
Clear and Courageous
Acts courageously; says what needs to be said. Manages conflict constructively. Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement. Admits mistakes and helps others to do so.
Make possibilities real
Knows the business and anticipates future opportunities. Connects unrelated concepts, generates original or unique ideas. Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality. Persistent and resilient when confronted with obstacles – finds the way.
AbbVie is an ambitious health business where people and quality of life come first. The experience of illness is personal, so we care about the things that matter to patients. As market leader, we team with partners to co-design health solutions around our innovative medicines for complex diseases, which improve standards of care. Helping people to be fit for work and family life is how we make a remarkable impact to the lives of men, women and children.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
This job is posted by Abbvie.
This link brings you to the website of Abbvie.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!