Amgen’s Global Modelling Center of Excellence (COE), part of the Pricing and Access Center of Excellence organization, is searching for an experienced candidate to take the role of Director Modelling CoE TA Lead General Medicine to lead development and execution of economic modelling activities across the product and pipeline portfolio. This is a great opportunity for an experienced economic modeler to join the team and contribute to shaping Amgen’s future business success.
The Global Modelling COE:
The Modelling COE is based in Rotkreuz (Switzerland), Uxbridge (UK), and Thousand Oaks (California, USA). We work in international, cross-functional teams developing and supporting product value strategy focusing on evidence-based economic modelling. The remit of the Modelling COE comprises a wide range of activities. We develop early economic models to provide strategic input for clinical development and trial design, to inform pricing and health technology assessment (HTA) strategy, and to identify data gaps that inform evidence generation priorities. We support global product launches developing core global economic models, contributing to global value dossiers and providing global support for country economic model adaptations for HTA submissions and developing tools for field-based key account value communication.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead early economic model development to inform HTA strategy and value-based price estimates for pipeline assets.
- Lead core cost-effectiveness and budget impact model development that will provide the foundations for later local economic model adaptations globally for launch and in-line products.
- Lead development and updates of economic sections of global value dossiers.
- Support high-quality and timely delivery of country economic model adaptations aligned with strategy addressing local requirements for HTA dossier submissions.
- Support timely and effective communication to HTA and reimbursement authorities.
- Interpreting clinical studies results and plan additional statistical analyses needed for core economic models and local model adaptations, including indirect treatment comparisons.
- Provide input to design and interpretation of global/regional/local evidence generation studies.
- Leading and supporting publications of core global and local economic models.
- Manage and coach a team of economic modellers.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- PhD in Health Economics or in a quantitative field such as statistics, epidemiology or engineering with a proven experience within relevant economic modelling work
OR MSc qualification with extensive relevant economic modelling work experience.
- Broad and proven experience in life sciences or pharmaceutical industry, academia, health economics consultancy or reimbursement agencies.
- Experience working with consumers of economic modelling and outcomes information.
- Experience in economic modelling in general medicine indications, preferably in bone, cardiology, metabolic and inflammation therapeutic areas.
- Strong experience in development of cost-effectiveness and budget impact models.
- Strong statistical skills.
- Strong Excel and Visual Basic skills. Experience using R, SAS, STATA, WinBUGS and other software for statistical analyses.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Previous line management experience.
Amgen is one of the world’s largest independent biotechnology companies, with global revenue in excess of $20 billion and over 20,000 employees globally. For 40 years, Amgen has pioneered biotechnology breakthroughs, to bring state-of-the-art medicines from laboratory to the patient. Amgen has discovered and developed innovative human therapeutics and invested in cutting edge manufacturing capability and support services to deliver these exciting therapies to medical teams around the world. We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients – we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us if you are seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you will find it at Amgen.
This job is posted by Amgen.
This link brings you to the website of Amgen.