We have a new opportunity for a Market Access Manager to join the UK affiliate. This role will be primarily office based at the Holborn office but will be working at a national level.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Leads on delivery of successful HTA outcomes (including project management of all submissions) for new medicines in all UK&I markets in collaboration with external and internal partners.
- Develops and manages the operational delivery of brand market access programmes and strategies.
- A key member of the brand team, providing strategic input for the development and support of the brand value story and developing the appropriate tools for the delivery of the brand value messages to payers, clinicians and pharmacists and other stakeholders.
- A key player in the Market Access team, engages NHS Payers and NHS customers with an interest in Commissioning – with win-win solutions which result in outcomes benefiting the NHS, the patients and Gilead.
- Establishes working relationships with all relevant functions across Gilead franchises, and develops account plans with Gilead teams to ensure commercial gain for Gilead.
- Contributes to the development of commercial / tender offers and any subsequent value dossiers.
- Ensures all activities are compliant with Business Conduct Manual for the commercial UK & Ireland affiliate but also external guidance and policies which are pertinent to somebody working in this role.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Successful candidates will be degree educated (or international equivalent) with relevant Market Access and Health Technology Appraisal experience.
- Detailed knowledge of National and Local Commissioning and funding process for England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland ideally medicines in the specialist areas gained from a role in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to advise senior management and have excellent communications skills (oral and written) to be able to present recommendations at Board level.
- Background of strong networking and influencing skills with key personnel involved in policy and prescribing decision-making, and proven delivery of outcomes in commissioning environment.
- Understanding the impact and influence of NHS structures across Primary/Secondary/Tertiary care.
- Applying the understanding of NHS funding flows and challenges in order to get the best outcomes for prescription growth and prescribing guidance.
- Ability to work through uncertainty, ambiguity and with limited information to take calculated risks to achieve the best outcome for Gilead medicines.
- Ability to disseminate the right information to the right customer with excellent communication skills.
- Proven delivery of robust outcomes e.g. Shared Care Protocols, Formulary approvals, Re-design of Treatment Pathways.
- The ideal candidate will align with Gilead’s core values by being accountable for their work, displaying integrity in everything they do, thriving in a team environment, ensuring inclusiveness and seeing excellence as the only measure of success.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Gilead Core Values
INTEGRITY – Doing What’s Right
INCLUSION – Encouraging Diversity
TEAMWORK – Working Together
EXCELLENCE – Being Your Best
ACCOUNTABILITY – Taking Personal Responsibility
This job is posted by Gilead.
This link brings you the website of Gilead.