Roche Diagnostics in Kenya or Nigeria is seeking a Medical Affairs & Market Access Lead to implement medical scientific strategies and to communicate and highlight the medical value of strategic products to relevant public and private sector stakeholders in order to build a strong medical platform. The successful incumbent will also be required to develop and implement patient access strategies with key internal and external stakeholders to drive optimal access to strategic healthcare solutions in the public and private sector.
- Build a disease platform and support the evolution of clinical guidelines and algorithms by establishing and maintaining relationships with relevant KOL’s, HCP’s and Professional and Academic Organizations/Bodies.
- Monitor scientific and medical compliance in accordance with the company standards (Dia Symphony) and MedTech by overseeing that the standards are compiled with and that the necessary approvals are obtained.
- Develop the individual therapeutic area/s medical strategy (three and one year) by reviewing documents, drafting the strategy, submitting for review and inputs and integrating the feedback to finalise for implementation in line with the organization and Global strategy annually.
- Develop the individual therapeutic area/s medical tactical plans by reviewing the strategy, drafting the tactical plan, addressing any areas of concern or missing information and finalizing annually.
- Nonitor performance against strategy and tactical plan by providing progress reports, analysing the progress, addressing any areas of non-performance and implementing corrective action monthly and formally bi-annually.
Management of Scientific Studies
To develop medically sound, feasible affiliate studies that enhance product knowledge by identifying unmet medical needs, draft the protocol to address the unmet medical needs and submit for consideration and evaluation as required.
Market Access Management
- Develop the health systems and market access strategy by undertaking research, understanding the different policy environments, health issues and opportunities and drafting the strategy, aligning with the overall long-term organisational strategy and vision annually.
- Execute an integrated access plan across public and private sectors by analysing the strategies and environments and engaging with key stakeholders and finalising the plan annually.
- Build innovative market access solutions by researching global trends, analysing trends in the context of the specific environments, testing solutions, engaging with experts, piloting solutions and managing implementation of successful innovations.
- Identify priority disease areas and health systems topics by analysing key trends, engaging with KOLs and policy makers, defining topics and preparing policy engagement inputs and materials.
- Influence policy makers and payers by providing evidence of priority disease areas and health systems, providing evidence of policy-based solutions, advocating for policy change and supporting this change.
- Implement research to support policy advocacy by identifying evidence base required, scoping the research, monitoring the research process and analysing the research outputs.
- Advocate for policy amendment by building key networks, identifying and engaging with key decision makers, providing policy-based inputs and support and facilitating policy amendments and development.
- Contribute to the preparation of the department budget by identifying activities and costs, preparing the budget and submitting it annually and as required.
- Monitor expenditure by tracking spend against budget allocations, providing input into approval of expenditure, addressing any budget variances and provide feedback.
Staff Leadership & Management
- Define the staff requirements by reviewing the workload, defining work allocations and developing job profiles.
- Resource the team by retaining, recruiting, selecting and appointing staff as required.
- Induct staff members by managing the development of an induction programme, monitoring performance and supporting the development of new staff members.
- Manage the implementation of HR policies and procedures by tracking compliance, identifying areas of concern and implementing corrective action.
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following skills, experience and education:
- Qualifications: A degree, MBCHB or PHD in a relevant clinical or science related field.
- Experience: At least 5-7 years experience in health sciences or equivalent with strong proven therapeutic area experience. At least 3-5 years management experience is required.
- Required Knowledge: Healthcare Laws and Regulations & medical knowledge of relevant strategic products.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Medical Affairs, Medical Affairs > Medical Information/Scientific Affairs
This job is posted by Roche.
This link brings you to the website of Roche.