- Implements agreed programs to expand business in existing markets and/or identify business opportunities in new markets.
- Responsible for all aspects of Tender Management both Government at Provincial and National level and all Private tenders including Other Africa
- Meets with key customers (Medical Aid Companies, CDE, Top 10 customers i.e. UPD) in order to build relationships and ensure awareness of products
- Anticipates market trends and implements innovative marketing programs to gain market share. Assesses, determines, and prioritizes potential market growth opportunities;
- Together with internal customers analyze strategies, specific tactics and resources to drive growth opportunities for assigned products and address key risks.
- Play a major role in the introduction of new products to the country to ensure successful launch and continuity of product.
- Negotiate and review pricing and update as needed based on changing landscape (customer, cost, competition, new products);
- Builds and maintains relationships with key decision-makers in the health care system, Medical Aids, government agencies, regulatory bodies, key opinion leaders, public sector, state sector and community;
- Ensure product listing and adoption on formularies of medical schemes and private and public hospital groups in South Africa and keep abreast of changes in the managed health care sector. Build relationships by attending regular meetings with these KOLs
- Applies and communicates Abbott values in all decisions internally and externally. .
Skills and experience required:
- Must have extensive relationships and experience with key stakeholders and knowledge of the South Africa Health Care environment
- Primary focus will be South Africa but will extend business into Sub Saharan Africa
- must have strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Must be able to have the ability to reach out to other divisions in Abbott Laboratories
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com
This job is posted by Abbott.
This link brings you the website of Abbott.
Improve your chances. Get a Free CV Review before you apply.