To support the development and execution of effective health economics, reimbursement and market access strategies for key products in Boston Scientific’s Structural Heart Valves Franchise to drive profitable growth in APAC.
- Lead the development of HEMA strategies to support premium reimbursement and market access for the division’s key technologies in APAC.
- Advise senior management on implications of regional and local reimbursement and legislative changes that could affect technology utilization, adoption, or reimbursement coverage.
- Collaborate with country HEMA/HEGA colleagues to identify strategic market growth opportunities created by changes in health care policy and develop regional/market-specific strategies to leverage these changes.
- Partner and collaborate with country/regional marketing teams to develop value-added health economics tools and publications to facilitate therapy adoption and market creation.
- Identify and develop value-based procurement solutions for economic customers.
- Work with clinical and new product development teams to ensure health economics and outcomes research needs are incorporated into clinical and product development plans and timelines.
- Establish regional processes that: a) support local teams, and b) develop a longitudinal, institutional memory that incorporates HEMA capabilities/processes supporting premium reimbursement and therapy adoption.
- Build relationships in key markets with government, physicians, hospital, and third-party payer decision makers.
- Compile and share best practices on health systems, HTA, funding mechanisms to support policy discussions.
- Develop and execute appropriate training to sales, marketing, clinical and HEGA colleagues
- Support stakeholder discussions with appropriate HEMA presentations, tools and case studies
- Work collaboratively with country HEMA/HEGA and regional marketing teams (and other colleagues) in a matrix environment to lead teams on specific projects as necessary.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience in market access in the region eg. industry/HTA body/payer/procurement experience
- Formal training in health economics, public health, health services research, policy analysis, epidemiology, biostatistics, health care administration or related discipline preferred.
- Ability to develop health economics models independently, with minimal support
- Experience in health economics, health insurance reimbursement and/or outcomes research, preferably related to the medical device or pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of global healthcare systems including expertise in health care financing, reimbursement policies related to the device industry, and technology assessment.
- Ability to interpret and integrate business strategies into actionable, value-added health economics and reimbursement initiatives.
- Successful leadership, project management and presentation skills, including proven ability to manage through a “highly matrixed” environment.
- Experience working as an internal or external consultant with responsibility for line customers. Preferably in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry.
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills including developing relationships at all levels in an organization and directly influencing business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions independently and to work in a fast-paced matrix environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Please contact your local EH&S department for more information on physical requirements.
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE ON LOCAL (SINGAPORE) EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT ONLY
Please note that only online applications will be considered.
Closing date is 17 December 2018.
Job Segment: Epidemiology, Medical, Public Health, Product Development, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Research, Science
This job is posted by Boston Scientific.
This link brings you the website of Boston Scientific.