As a Value and Access Manager Chronic Conditions in Italy, you will play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Market Access has a key role to ensure that the medicines are made available locally and most importantly that these medicines are reimbursed and made available to patients who need them.
As Value and Access ManagerChronic Conditions you will be responsible for contributing to business objectives achievement, supporting development of the pricing & market access strategy according to local regulations and competition.
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Value and Access, as Value and Access Manager Chronic Conditions you will have primary responsibility for pricing, health economics and market access activities of assigned products to support company objectives. In addition you will be responsible to support development and implementation of negotiation strategies and value proposition for the assigned therapeutic areas.
The role broadly includes the following key components:
- Cooperate with global MA team for the definition of price strategies, pharma-economic models and products value proposition.
- Develop access and pricing strategies aimed to sustain P&R submission and negotiation at national level.
- Collaborate with Innovative Value Strategy and Evidence generation teams to identify real world data to be used during negotiations and at regional level.
- Support Brand Teams on evaluation and analysis of possible access barriers at national/regional level aligning with the MA field;
- Define and propose MA plans, actions and materials for payers (Regions, Hospitals, etc);
- Cooperate with MA field, Medical Department, Marketing, sales to implement projects aimed to help access of drugs in product portfolio on areas identified by cross functional team.
- Develop value proposition to support MA field colleagues (budget impact, cost-efficacy models, value story, ad hoc documents etc.) and RWE project in line with business objectives.
- Cooperate actively with Government affairs and patient advocacy Manager to develop activities and projects in line with business objectives.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3/4 years of experience in Market Access Dept.
- Postgraduate studies in one of the following areas; health economics, public health, market access
- Knowledge of the Italian market mechanics, healthcare policy, payer mind-set and pharmaco-economic principles
- Ability to analyse data, extract quantitative insights and use complex datasets
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of heath economics applied to pharmaco-economic models (cost efficacy analysis – cost-utility analysis – budget impact analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of Real World Evidence in a pharmaceutical environment (database analysis, cost of illness, burden of disease, observational studies, etc.)
- Analyse, synthesis and communicate clinical and health economic information
- Concise and effective verbal and written communication skills
- English language fluent
Soft skills and Capabilities
- Strategic approach
- Strong focus on results
- Courage on taking decisions
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Orientation to innovation
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Line Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
The CVs will be preliminarily analysed according to the requested requirements in order to consider the progression in the recruitment process
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you to the website of AstraZeneca.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!