Pratica Di Mare, Italy.
Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) is a critical element of our market access strategies to ensure success in an increasingly challenging market environment. New regulations, a decision-making process where the clinician is no longer the only player, and a concept of value which is more and more based on evidence coming from clinical studies and derived economic value from our technologies and solutions, makes it a must that we equip ourselves with the required capabilities and convey a meaningful value-based message to our customers.
Within this context, the purpose of this role to lead the local HEMA team to build and demonstrate the economic value of Johnson & Johnson therapies in order to strengthen their Value Proposition with the main interlocutors of the Healthcare System and implement Market Access strategies aimed at obtaining and increasing the access of therapies at national, regional or local level.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the local HEMA team to develop all market access and health economics activities supporting local business in alignment with regional market access strategies
- Development and implementation of local market access strategies and initiatives to unlocking access and achieve funding and reimbursement including HTA development, reimbursement submissions, coverage and new code applications.
- Owning the health economic input into novel, local commercial initiatives requiring substantiation of value including but not restricted to Value Based Procurement, outcome based agreements and pricing initiatives.
- Communication of all relevant local information to the Regional HEMA in terms of local evidence needs to achieve market access goals
- Definition of the evidence needed in terms of target population, health economics and outcomes research in order to create an economic value proposition;
- In collaboration with the European teams, support the local team in the implementation of evidence generation studies locally.
- Lead the local team in the development and implementation of evidence generation (RWE, HE models, business case, budget impact analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis) and publication for selected value messages of product, procedure and service solution;
- Own and project manage key priority projects (ie. RWE projects and work streams) within specific prioritized areas across medical devices
- Manage external consultancy agencies in delivery of RWE projects and publications to support the business needs.
- Ensure compliance with internal evidence generation and dissemination systems
- Collaboration with EMEA team supporting the partnership with HEMA Analytics, Global Epidemiology and HEMA Managers to optimise evidence generation and use of Real World Evidence;
- Lead the Local team in the adaptation at local level or generation of HEMA tools (Value Brief, Economic models, reports);
- Dissemination the evidence at country level actively contributing to the development and country adaptation across of HEMA EMEA tools (Value Brief, Economic models, reports), as well as, create HEMA tools to spread the economic value proposition;
- Training activities to ensure that evidence disseminated has the desired impact for internal and external stakeholders;
- Track and follow-up with country implementation of EMEA tools.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
People management: ability to lead team and to grow talent
Understanding the internal and external environment – High level of knowledge and experience in Italian market. Understanding of the implication of the Italian specific funding mechanism at all level required to obtain market access. Understanding of HEMA tools and their benefit for market access strategies and activities
Applied skills and technical knowledge –knowledge of Critical Analysis and Health Economics, theory, techniques and how to apply them, Knowledge of Evidence Base Medicine
Data Access & Strategy: ability in identifying, collecting and analysing data
Persuasive communication – ability to interact with different internal stakeholders
Team working – Ability to work in cross functional teams and in complex enviroment
Connect: Ability to connect and quickly establish meaningful relationships to develop deep insights and empathetic understanding of internal stakeholders
Shape: Translate insights into meaningful value for customers
Lead: Ability to work in a matrix environment>
Deliver: Balance short term needs with longer term growth opportunities.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Proven expertise in developing local market access strategies and health economics tools to drive business
- Proven ability to lead teams
- Deep Knowledge of health economics, Evidence Based Medicine, Value Based Health Care
- Proven ability to understand business strategy; translate it into solutions that support the company’s business goals
- Project management skills, ability to manage complexity and to prioritize
- Experience working successfully in matrix environments and working with regional teams
- Market Access and Health Economics experience in Italian market, with high customer interaction (preferred)
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters degree in Health Economics or equivalent (preferred)
- Solid understanding of Healthcare market dynamics
Proficient language skills in English, both verbal and written
Italy-Lazio-Pratica Di Mare-
Johnson & Johnson Medical S.p.A. (7257)
This job is posted by Johnson & Johnson.
This link brings you to the website of Johnson & Johnson.