The HTA (EBM) Manager is responsible for:
- Writing clinical efficacy and safety sections of selected HTA submissions to a high quality and in a timely manner.
- Day to day project management of selected HTA submissions.
- Managing relationships with designated National HTA Agencies
- Co-ordinating company responses to COF, QOF, Quality Standards and Guideline reviews.
- Developing network meta-analyses, mixed treatment comparisons, systematic reviews, meta-analyses and adjusted indirect comparisons to peer reviewed publication standard.
- Co-ordination of Horizon Scanning activities for designated Business Unit(s) &/or Therapy area(s).
- Ensuring that PIII trial programmes for new products reflect UK needs.
- Identifying the need for Real World Evidence generation and subsequent development of proposals/protocols.
Contributing to the development of methodological expertise within the Group/Company.
Education and Skills Required
- Science Degree preferred.
- Experience in writing clinical/scientific dossiers.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent written and data analysis skills.
- Good knowledge of clinical documentation.
- Ability to manage network analyses, mixed treatment comparisons, systematic reviews and meta-analyses.
- Some knowledge of health economics.
- Previous experience of working on HTA/Clinical Guidelines or similar projects.
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
The Market Access division acts as both educators and advocates for the products, processes, and practices that help MSD revolutionize medicine across the globe. Our tenacious, assertive group of individuals uses a deep understanding of the healthcare market in order to build collaborative relationships with the business leaders, customers, and legislative powers that help cultivate positive uptake of and education about MSD’s products throughout the world.
One of our group has moved on to another role within the organisation and we are seeking a replacement Health Technology Assessment and Evidence Based Medicine (HTA & EBM) Manager. The role will be office based and there will be close working with both the HTA&OR team as well as the relevant cross-functional brand team(s). The HTA & OR Team is responsible for gaining National Access and supporting local and regional access for our medicines, primarily by managing all submissions made to UK HTA Agencies (NICE, SMC, and AWMSG), as well as supporting the Irish business, the team develops submissions which apprise the agencies about the effectiveness, costs and broader impact of new and existing MSD medicines enabling decisions to be made around NHS resource allocation. The recommendations that these agencies make are pivotal as to whether our drugs are able to be prescribed by physicians for those patients who would benefit from them. The team is made up of people who are either HTA & OR (health economists) or HTA & EBM (clinical data analysis/synthesis) by background.
The Team also plays a pivotal role in supporting marketing access strategies below the national level through the development of appropriate tools and resources.
: Outcomes Research -Health Econ
: EMEA-United Kingdom-ENG-Hoddesdon
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings
This job is posted by MSD.
This link brings you the website of MSD.