We are HEMAR (Health Economics Market Access and Reimbursement) department of Janssen (Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson) supporting the GCC region, with teams based in Dubai and Riyadh, we collaborate cross-functionally to drive the organization access agenda and ensure patients access to Janssen’s innovative therapies.
Summary of the job:
The external environment in the Gulf Cooperation Council Countries (GCC) is changing. In this highly volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world, there is a growing appetite to introduce health economics and outcomes research methods into healthcare decision making in the very near future. This may include health technology assessments at potentially all levels of decision making and across the different payer, regulatory and prescriber organizations.
Under the leadership of HEMAR Director, Janssen GCC is looking for a candidate who can support the organization’s strategy to be more efficient & effective in this evolving HTA environment. If you are skilled in health economics and outcomes research principles, experienced in Real World Evidence generation and capable of creating and telling compelling value stories with data to achieve market access, managed pre-launch market access readiness plans and able to drive the debate with external stakeholders , this may be the opportunity for you to make a significant difference in the lives of many patients who benefit from our products.
As the Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Develop local GCC HEOR & Market Access strategies and supervise the execution thereof
- Lead the development-in collaboration with the CVTs (Country Value Teams) and with input from the HEMAR Director-robust HEOR strategies to support optimal market access.
- Support CVTs with implementation of Integrated Evidence Generation Plan (IEGP).
- Work cross-functionally to gain key insights to support strategy development and future activities and ensure KBQs (Key Business Questions) are asked within different CVTs business planning.
- Identify data gaps to support future strategies and develop plans locally or in collaboration with regional EMEA Emerging Markets / EMEA/ global teams to meet business needs.
- Translate those strategies into actionable processes, plans and projects and lead on HEOR projects execution across GCC.
- Project leadership for secondary data collection with Health Economics primary endpoints.
- Oversight for all RWE projects with HE endpoints (secondary or exploratory).
- Collaborate with EMEA CoE (Center of Excellence) team to ensure resources available to support local needs.
2. Lead the pre-launch Access readiness for Janssen’s ready-to-launch portfolio
- Ensuring regional inputs by collaborating with EM/EMEA/global HEMAR teams on new launch access strategies.
- Identify knowledge and evidence gaps and ensure early engagement with relevant external stakeholders.
- Build and execute pre-launch market access strategies and plans across GCC.
- Works in collaboration with cross functional teams internally and with input from HEMAR Director to develop timely and robust market access strategies.
- Support the Pricing Lead in setting brands pricing forecasts.
- Lead the early pricing and reimbursement negotiations with payers.
3. Drive the debate internally and externally
- Engage externally with key stakeholders including Policy makers, Academia, Regulators, Providers and payers (Public payers and Private health insurance) following health care compliance guidelines to meet the needs for patients’ access to Janssen innovate products.
- Support HEMAR Director in shaping policy development across GCC (with special focus on KSA) in collaboration with internal and external partners including academic research organizations, industry associations and other stakeholder groups such as ISPOR local chapters.
- Lead external policy shaping panels and HE education workshops from planning to execution.
- Provide periodical horizon scanning reports on Market Access regulations and its impact on Janssen GCC business and provide short and long-term recommendations to the HEMAR function, by deep understanding of the current and future market access environment and translate their impact on the market access strategies.
- Identify partnership opportunities with local health authorities in collaboration with Government Affairs department and ensure implementation of strategic initiatives.
4. Health Economics Training
- Instilling a culture of data-driven value demonstration within the organization and roll-out of training programs for non-HEMAR functions.
- Provide health economic and value messaging training to different field support teams as and when required.
- Support HEMAR Director to communicate the role of market access internally and externally through presentations and workshops.
- Support the identification of health economic related training needs by external partners and ensure implementation of payers’ educational calendar across GCC.
5. Team leadership
- Drive efficiency in proposing the best resources allocation and team structure
- Lead HEMAR team members assigned to the TAs (therapy areas) of responsibility across GCC to develop and execute market access strategies and tactics.
- Develop and mentor newly appointed Market Access team members.
- Support regional talent development programs.
6. Create disease awareness for brand-value communication
- Develop/locally adapt EMEA/global Health Economics models supporting the brand value proposition & health economics differentiation from other treatment options.
- Developing/ adapting HE tools and value dossiers required for local reimbursement decisions.
- Review & local adaptation of products’ value dossier, evidence-based differentiation strategies.
- Tailor Key Value Massages to meet partner needs to optimize market access.
- Create partner awareness about burden of illness, unmet needs and keep them updated.
- Collaboration and long-term partnership with key internal and external partners.
- Uncovering & communicating local value substantiation evidence to support market access of dynamic champions
- Relevant university degree in Life Sciences, A post graduate university degree in Health Economics/Epidemiology/Public Health/Health Policy is advantageous.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the Healthcare industry, ideally with previous experience in Health Economics data generation and Market Access.
- English, Arabic would be a plus
Leadership Behaviors Required
- LIVE OUR CREDO: Demonstrate and inspire the behaviors that reinforce Our Credo.
- CONNECT: Develop deep insights into the needs of our patients, customers, markets and communities.
- SHAPE: Drive innovation; anticipate and shape industry and market changes to advance health care globally.
- LEAD: Create an environment where leadership and talent development is top priority.
- DELIVER: Deliver results by inspiring and mobilizing people and teams.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Knowledge of health economics, outcomes research and economic modelling is essential.
- Related health economics experience working in Healthcare industry is essential.
- Previous experience in leading prelaunch access readiness projects.
- Demonstrable excellent numeric and, analytical skills together with good MS Office skills.
- Project management experience and ability to meet tight deadlines in a timely and accurate manner with strong attention to details.
- Ability to develop and adapt economic models to local needs.
- Ability to plan, design, execute outcomes research studies.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate technical and economic concepts and approaches to non-technical partners.
- Ability to communicate results of studies to the public including publication and presentations.
- Excellent presentation skills with strong business insight able to influence at all levels internally and with external partners.
Leadership Profile Required
- Strong team player who works effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to identify and react to potential threats and opportunities for the organization and adapt plans accordingly.
- Strong ability to think strategically and to develop robust cross functionally aligned plans to support the business.
- Flexibility to execute at an operational and strategic level, with a real focus on implementing solutions and showing value, translating theory into practice and action into results.
- Leadership abilities & competencies to lead a cross-functional team.
- Highly ethical standards and follows JNJ credo.
United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Dubai-
Johnson & Johnson Middle East FZ-LLC (8608)
Health Economics R&D
This job is posted by Johnson & Johnson.
This link brings you the website of Johnson & Johnson.