At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
We’re currently looking for a Health Economics & Payer Evidence Lead to be based in either Cambridge (UK) or Gaithersburg (USA) to join our Oncology Payer Evidence and Pricing (OPEP) team, supporting our growing oncology pipeline.
The global OPEP team are an experienced team of specialists with many different skills, aligned to a common objective – we shape the payer environment; create and deliver highly valued market access solutions to unlock the potential of our life changing medicines for patients
This is accomplished by working with R&D, global commercial, local markets and external partners and experts to ensure that credible and timely evidence and insights are available at every stage of the development and commercialization process.
The job holder will have strong technical knowledge and applied experience of health economics and payer evidence, including techniques and tools such as clinical trial design and/or analyses, systematic literature reviews, indirect comparisons, and health economic modelling. You may have particular expertise in one of these areas, and awareness of the others.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- High quality health economics and payer evidence input in to pharmaceutical development projects, payer evidence plans, and market access & pricing strategies
- Proactively contribute to project planning processes and help predict and resolve issues that affect market access decisions
- Assume, as a member of a team, delivery of health economics and payer evidence related activities, and contribute to work streams
- Represent health economics and payer evidence in interactions with cross-functional team members at a project level
- Contribute to the Global Reimbursement Document (GRD) by identifying and effectively using internal and external data sources and literature references
- Application of quantitative skills to support decision-making processes, value demonstration and commercialization of products including through Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
- Network with colleagues and experts, providing consultancy in own area of expertise and serving as a resource for others by sharing experience within and beyond project team
- Collaborate with marketing companies/local affiliates in preparing evidence that satisfies their local payer requirements
- Contribute to peer reviewed scientific publications, as well as effective communication of complex ideas for use with both payers and other stakeholders
- Prepare proposal requests for outsourced health economics / payer evidence projects and manage the vendor selection process
- Deliver assigned projects to time, budget, and quality, including the management of vendors as required
- Participate in external health economics and payer evidence departmental activities via technical presentations, committee membership, publication reviews, and other similar activities
- Actively monitor and apply new techniques and payer evidence trends
- Graduate / College degree in biomedical science, business, quantitative disciplines or economics.
- Formal post-graduate degree (or equivalent applied work) in health economics or a related quantitative discipline, and work experience in the discipline.
- Experience of undertaking payer submissions, worked in a health economic consultancy and/or pharmaceutical company (either at a marketing company or global level)
- Ability to communicate technical matters in a clear, compelling and impactful way with others via a range of media (e.g. face to face, teleconferences, video conferences, formal presentations, strong scientific writing for reports, analysis plans and emails).
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applications Open: 3rd May 2019
Applications Close: 31st May 2019
Position: Health Economics & Payer Evidence Lead
Location: Gaithersburg, USA or Cambridge, UK
Salary: Competitive with excellent benefits
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you the website of AstraZeneca.
Improve your chances. Get a Free CV Review before you apply.