We are seeking experienced candidates for this leadership position within the HEMA team based in Turkey. The role reports to the Senior Manager, Central Cluster. The role level for this position will be determined by the experience, skills and competencies of the successful candidate.
- Collects business/HCP strategic inputs and elaborates them according to the health care systems and current/future healthcare trends in order to define the HEMA country strategy, objectives and budget.
- Represents and promotes BSC with relevant stakeholders (Governmental bodies, structural funding and reimbursement bodies, C-suite, Health Technology Assessment bodies, KOLs, etc.), through market access initiatives and stakeholder engagement activities, demonstrating clinical and Health Economics outcomes and contributing in the creation of innovative value propositions that demonstrate the value of BSC innovation to the specific healthcare landscape in Turkey.
- Develops HEMA plan for assigned countries and manages the team in order to ensure its execution through Health Economics outcomes, market access initiatives and stakeholder engagement actions.
- Effectively and autonomously engages and influences external stakeholders of the assigned country at national, regional and local level.
- Manages HEMA relationship with internal stakeholders (e.g. Senior Leadership Team, sales leadership, HCP, new product launch teams, clinical, Medical Affairs, etc.), providing Health Economics data/insights/capabilities and supporting external stakeholder management in collaboration with Sales/Marketing/HCP teams.
- Reinforces institutional relationship/partnership and establishes/maintains a network of key opinion leaders at national level, ensuring that relationships are managed also at regional and at local levels.
- Develops senior members acting as a coach/mentor and supervises the development of other junior resources.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with other functions/countries, by providing continuous support and ensuring his/her team members deliver training/coaching to sales force, HCP and other stakeholders.
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
Management Requirements :
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable :
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. national and regulatory requirements).
Position Requirements :
- Degree level education required in any discipline; postgraduate qualification in health economics, statistics, public health epidemiology, public health or marketing is beneficial
- Significant market access and stakeholder engagement experience ideally gained within the medical device or pharmaceutical industries however other sector experience will be considered.
- Experience of working within an environment where significant product differentiation is required from competitors to be successful; able to demonstrate own contribution to the creation of innovative value propositions
- Skilled networker and collaborator; holds, or has proven ability to build, a close network of senior individuals within health; e.g. Department of Health, NICE.
- Highly commercial in approach; proven ability to combine technical excellence with commercial awareness
- Previous leadership experience essential; skilled at collaborating with senior colleagues
- Fluency in English (written and verbal). Able to travel as required within role Skilled in the use of office programmes (especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Strategic thinking: Understands BSC broader objectives and strategies and translates them into short and long term HEGAMA strategy and goals for the assigned countries. Contributes in the formulation of the Strategic plan
- Global perspective: Is up to date with current market trends and anticipates future trends: manages the impact on the organization, understands business implications and translates them in objectives and insights, both for HEGAMA and for the divisions. Shares market trends implications/findings with global, where appropriate
- Innovation: Contributes in the creation of innovative value propositions (e.g. therapy positioning in the market) to tackle specific stakeholders / customer needs. Strong need to differentiate BSC products from competitors
- Financial acumen: Responsible for departmental AOP creation, and its alignment with Strategic plan and financial constraints
- Business insight: Directs towards new ways of demonstrating clinical and health economic benefits (health outcomes) of new and existing BSC products and of new market access channels
- Business understanding: Possesses a deep understanding of the healthcare industry, country health policies, pricing/reimbursement strategies and of key groups/associations (e.g. Patients, clinicians, etc.)
- Build market recognition: Provides representation and promotes BSC as a leader in health outcomes management of devices to customers: Governmental bodies, Regional Funding and Reimbursement group; ISPOR Medical Device and Diagnostic council. Ensure products are included in existing/new DRGs and that procedures are commissioned by NHS, reinforcing current literature
- Customer focus: Collects stakeholders needs and communicates them internally; collaborates with sales to define strategies to best address those needs
- Analysis/analytical tools: Accountable for the development of Health Economics arguments to support reimbursement and marketing of new and existing BSC products (health economic modelling projects, literature reviews, database analyses), coordinating the activity of his / her team
- Planning: Develops the function annual plan for his/her area of competence (eg. integration of BSC products into health guidelines/registries, stakeholder engagement actions, monitoring of health care plans, etc.)
- Execution: Coordinates the team(s) of the assigned countries and ensures plans are executed within pre-determined deadlines and costs
- Commercial support: Supports marketing, sales and HCP in the development of commercial initiatives and market access opportunities; actively participates to key meetings with stakeholders
- Negotiation skills: Influences the decision making process to ensure reimbursability of BSC products; influences the payer perspective and drives it into brand strategy
- Standing: Effectively engages external stakeholders through outstanding presence and communication mastery. Presents health economic results to internal and external customers either individually or in conference settings, as relevant.
- Market research: Supervises local research activities in order to ensure reliability and marketability of HE studies and dossiers. Leads the supervision of changes to DRG/budget/reimbursement policies to ensure specific actions/ price revision are executed. Ensures that stakeholder mapping is up to date.
- Risk management: Identifies and anticipates key risks (e.g. Health care policies changes, etc.) in achieving the desired result. Proactively develops risk plan and effectively executes mitigating strategies. Manages trade-offs to achieve overall objectives.
- Quality: Ensures awareness and compliance with applicable standard operating procedures to meet, comply and champion all quality and regulatory commitments of BSC
- Influence: Influences internal stakeholders: successfully deals with Senior Leadership Team, being able to gain their support
- Franchises: ensures support is provided in the determination of market size through provision of epidemiological data and specific procedure numbers
- Divisional marketing: ensures provision of strategic guidance on health economics, reimbursement and pricing strategies for the assigned country
- HCP regional level: ensures support is provided for offering development
- HCP HQ: contributes in stakeholder management
- New product launch teams: ensures contribution to the development of new Health Economics models
- Clinical team: ensures provision of collaboration to conduct economic evaluations related to clinical research in multiple countries; contributes to clinical trial strategy
- Global: integrates global guidelines in the assigned country
- Networking/Stakeholder management: Establishes and maintains a network of key opinion leaders at national level – payers, health economists, clinical experts, patient groups and policy makers. Ensures stakeholders networks are managed also at regional and at local (LHAs, hospitals) levels. Processes more focused on stakeholders management/relationship rather than on evidence based tasks like DE and FR
- Adaptability: Embeds market changes into current department strategies, transforming uncertainties into opportunities (eg. Future healthcare policy changes)
- Courage: Takes personal and/or organizational risk to ensure that the right actions towards organizational success are implemented
- Relationship building: Establishes strong relationships with other functions/countries and team members
- Engagement & Communication: Builds commitment and enthusiasm in the team, motivating others to reach team goals, through communication excellence and leadership by example
- Training: Oversees the development of training programs for divisional sales people, HCP and other stakeholders, following divisional directives, to enable them to perform market access activities, providing continuous coaching and support (or ensuring his/her team does)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Segment: Epidemiology, Medical, Public Health, Law, Economics, Healthcare, Legal, Finance
This job is posted by Boston Scientific.
This link brings you the website of Boston Scientific.