At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change we seize it and make it happen, because an opportunity no matter how small can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial – finding those moments and recognising their potential.
We are now seeking a Group Director, Health Economics and Payer Evidence to join our Global Market Access & Pricing Function
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the development of a world-class HEPE capability as a member of the Therapy Area Global Payer Evidence and Pricing Leadership Team
- Manage the recruitment and allocation of appropriately skilled HEPE personnel to projects to ensure delivery of value evidence to clinical programs (including both trial and non-trial activities) to time, budget and quality in accordance with performance targets
- Work closely with the appropriate clinical, real world evidence (RWE) and patient reported outcomes staff in considering project resourcing
- Develop and maintain an HEPE skills development strategy, pro-actively identifying and delivering against gaps
- Provide input to quality assurance of HEPE work, developing global standards, best practice and metrics
- Develops and maintains external contact to monitor development of new methodology and trends in the scientific and commercial use of HEPE materials
- Lead and support general HEPE methods development within AstraZeneca and contribute to organizational improvement initiatives as required
- Achieve accurate resource forecasting, analysis and solution building in order to resource projects efficiently and flexibly, considering people development and succession planning
- Manage the performance of direct reports through the production, monitoring and annual review of individual objectives and development plans
- Ensure individuals are rewarded and recognized appropriately and consistently for success
- Ensure individuals are motivated, skilled and developed, providing expertise and guidance to support creation and implementation of relevant Individual Development Plans
- Collaborate with HEPE leadership to achieve a consistency of approach across sites and therapy areas, and to share experiences, issues and opportunities
- Drive the recruitment and retention of HEPE personnel
- Act as an ambassador for HEPE, providing clarity on the roles and delivering appropriate PR whenever possible to ensure company-wide understanding and best usage of the function
- Ensure compliance with policy and SOPs
Essential Experience required:
- Bachelors’ degree in clinical, biological, or social sciences
- Masters degree in relevant field (outcomes research, health services research, epidemiology, health economics, health policy or related fields)
- Previous project management or personnel management required
- Has gone through a product launch, either at local or global level
Skills and Capabilities:
- Strategic knowledge of global healthcare systems and how their changing needs for value evidence could influence skills development
- Understand product development processes at all stages of the life cycle in order to influence the value demonstration activities
- Demonstrates high business acumen, including ability to make decisions and provide pragmatic guidance during times of competing demands and views.
- Proven leadership promoting motivation and empowerment of others in order to accomplish individual, team and organisational objectives
- Experience of managing change – manages change with a positive approach to the challenges of change for self, team and the business
- Sees change as an opportunity to improve performance and add value to the business
- Ability to look for and champion more efficient and effective methods/processes of delivering quality reimbursable dossiers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, negotiation, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, resources, performance targets and project initiatives in a global environment
- Fosters a culture of Playing to Win/Entrepeneurial Mindset (i.e. can do’) in his/her organisation or team, role modelling calculated risk taking, encouraging innovation and empowering others to focus on the delivery of creative and workable solutions.
- Identifies new internal and external partnerships to drive change, recognising future trends to ensure optimal delivery.
- Proactively brings payer analytic and evidence expertise and insight to the cross-functional development of future-focussed, customer-driven Payer Evidence strategy to inform key AZ processes and decision points.
- Understands diverse pricing and reimbursement processes in order to maximise reimbursement opportunities through appropriate and timely payer evidence generation and analytics.
- Doctoral degree in relevant field preferred
- In-depth experience of the therapy area
- Inspires the development of ground-breaking Payer Evidence strategies and plans.
- Challenges conventions in analytic approaches, strategy development, pushing the boundaries of science.
- Drives the business to set the industry standard for effective value initiatives and programmes, gaining support for them throughout the organisation.
- Maximises R&D opportunities and delivers motivating customer benefits
- Acknowledged as an authority within the company and in the outside community.
- Publishes frequently in high quality journals on topics relevant to evidence exploration to advance the interests of the business.
- Develops and uses internal and external networks, including leading academic and information bodies, to shape future trends in analytical techniques and to ensure that that the most up-to-date analytical techniques are being applied to maximise payer leverage.
- Has the reputation of being an authority on study design and analysis for payers based on scientific presentations and publications.
- Brings expertise on clinical trial and RWE methodologies and analysis and their cross function implications at the portfolio level.
- Shapes new delivery options to optimise the drug development process.
- Establishes and sustains a payer culture across the business and industry.
- Leverages internal and external networks to ensure the business is leading edge in payer analysis of studies to unlock new strategic opportunities.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Location Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States Gothenburg, Västra Götaland County, Sweden Cambridge, England, United Kingdom Job ID R-063999 Date posted 10/28/2019
Location: Cambridge UK, Luton UK, Gothenburg Sweden, Gaithersburg US
Opening date for applications: 28th October 2019
Closing date for applications: 26th November 2019
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you to the website of AstraZeneca.