We are looking for a Senior Research Consultant-RWE Studies (SRC) who will be part of the growing Cytel/Ingress-health Real-World Evidence (RWE) team in Germany.
The SRC will be responsible for leading the design and execution of RWE projects: retrospective database studies (large claims or electronic medical records databases), retrospective medical chart reviews, scientific patient and physician surveys, targeted & systematic literature reviews including subsequent analyses such as NMA or endpoint validation, and strategic projects with our clients from the pharmaceutical industry.
The role is associated with an independent responsibility to lead client communication and day-to-day scientific and operational project management. Consultant Leads are also involved in business development by discussing with clients their strategic needs as well as by taking over the responsibility for developing proposals.
The Senior Research Consultant will report to our Berlin RWE office lead; she/he will lead 1-3 consultants and junior consultants both on a project basis and as a line manager. The Consultant Lead will be involved in multinational projects as well as in country-specific projects.
- Lead the design and execution of RWE projects with a focus on real-world database studies and other strategic projects that meet the needs of pharmaceutical clients.
- Lead the development of study reports, study protocols and statistical analysis plans in close cooperation with consultants/junior consultants in own team and/or other RWE team members.
- Lead a team of consultants/junior consultants on a project-basis and as a line manager.
- Independently communicate with clients.
- Conduct formal presentations of project outputs or other research ideas.
- Develop abstracts and manuscripts as lead author/co-author.
- Contribute ideas for process improvements or new methodological approaches (including conducting internal trainings).
- Contribute to business development and proposal writing.
Qualifications and Experience:
- MPH or MSc required, PhD degree preferred in epidemiology, public health, health economics, biostatistics or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years of working experience in a consulting environment and/or academic environment.
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative methods (in health economics), epidemiology or statistics with focus on data analysis using real-world observational data (ideally using large retrospective patient-level databases such as the CPRD).
- Strong organizational, time-management, prioritization and decision-making skills necessary to evaluate, plan and accomplish multiple work goals in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of European real-world databases (claims, registries, electronic medical records) and healthcare systems in Europe would be appreciated.
- Knowledge of scientific research methods and practical research implementation.
- Knowledge of MS Office, and statistical analysis programs (e.g. Stata, SAS, SPSS, R).
- Experience with scientific and operational project management coordination (monitoring project scope, budget and timelines).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Our Real World and Advanced Analytics (RWWA) business unit is an organization as part of Cytel that is specialized in health economics and real-world evidence generation. We strongly believe that health economic and outcomes research can optimize health care decisions and spending. We have an international, enthusiastic, dedicated and highly skilled team of epidemiologists, RWE analysts and health-economists, who are focused on building scientific evidence to support our pharmaceutical clients in demonstrating the value of their products. We generate economic and epidemiological research by using data from various countries and settings that have resulted in a long track record of publications/presentations in peer-reviewed journals and scientific conferences.
At Cytel, we work hard to create successful careers with significant professional growth for our employees. Cytel is a place where talent, experience and integrity come together to advance the state of evidence generation for our clients which are mainly life science companies that offer pharmaceutical therapies and/or other medical solutions.
Cytel provides unrivalled biostatistics and operations research knowledge to our customers in the life sciences industries in the form of both software and services. At Cytel, we work hard to create successful careers with significant professional growth for our employees. Cytel is a place where talent, experience and integrity come together to advance the state of clinical development.
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.
Apply for this role