The Strategic Market Access and Policy Team at BD acts as a linking element of the BD business units, internal functions and external stakeholders. Involved in business critical projects and activities with high-level decision makers, we’re looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join our team.
Location: Germany, Home-Office
Travel: up to 60% across GSA-region with focus on Germany
The vacant role will be assigned to design, implement and execute engagement programs with external stakeholders such as policymakers,government authorities, NGO´s, patient organizations and economic partners to effectively drive public decision making related to organizational goals. In addition to that the candidate will be in charge for market access and -shaping projects to leverage innovations among the BD portfolio, in close collaboration with other strategic functions across the organization. As a member of our team, the Public Policy & Market Access Manager is a key player to ensure health insurance coverage for our products and to advice the commercial organization on optimal go-to-market strategies.
Key responsibilities and objectives are:
- To build a solid network with healthcare associations, industry partners, non-profit groups and others to support policies that will help create/maintain a customer-centered public policy environment as well as an effective public relations work.
- To engage with inpatient and outpatient care organizations as well asself-administration bodies (i. a. G-BA, Federal Physician Association, Federal chamber of physicians, Federal chamber of pharmacists)
- To develop public policystrategies& communication campaigns across the full range of policy areas that impact the company´s business.Patient Safety will be one of the major topics
- To ensure internal alignment of local activities with corporate guidance and coordination across-functional colleagues within the Strategic Market Access and PolicyTeamor x-business
- To analyze reimbursement system and give advice on payment pathways and potential access hurdles for innovative diagnostics, medical device, IT platforms and robotics
- To manage submissions of proposals to self-governance,payer organizations and other regular bodies in order to leverage patient outcomes,clinical arguments and economic value messages for high acceptance of the BD´s solutions
- To internally advocate market access pathways, governance and best practices for optimal product and service integration, including x-national and x-functional alignment of relevant project sponsors
- To set the public agenda for key topics such as oncology care, Sepsis and Infectious disease management, women`s health and clinical interventions.
Life at BD is rarely quiet and never boring so to succeed here, you’ll need to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage different campaigns and projects to tight deadlines. Ideal candidates will be inspiring advocates and enthusiastic team players, eager to help shape the future direction of health care policy and leadership in medical devices& diagnostic services.
Position in Organization
- Reports into the Public Policy ManagerCentral Europe
- Will be a member of the highly dynamic and ambitious strategic Market Access and Policy Team, Central Europe.
- Will be focusing on market development and policy activities inGSAand other go-direct-markets relevant to business development.
- Closelycollaborateswith other members of the interdisciplinary team and the regional business organization.
Key requirements & qualifications
- You have a strong academic record with a master’s degree or equivalent in relevant fields of education such as (health) economics, public health, political science, law, or comparable practical experience within the Healthcare sector with at least 5 years commercial practice. Additional qualifications in Health Care will be of advantage.
- You have first experience in a professional, expert or first-level management role with a track record of at least 5 years and successful projects in Public Affairs and/or Market Access, preferably in medical devices and/or diagnostics industry.
- A solid knowledge of the surrounding policy environment or ability to quickly get up to speed on complex technical and regulatory issues is mandatory.
- Fluency in German and English is required.
- Experienced in the Microsoft Office Business Suite.
- You are an enthusiastic team player with energy, drive and determination, as well as a genuine interest in health care policy.
- Trustful personality with strong business ethics and compliant behavior.
- Contributes to the development of advocacy strategies where relevant.
- Liaise at all levels within and outside the organization, good communicator and networker.
- First-rate personal, political, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a fast moving and sometimes intense environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 60% across GSA-region with focus on Germany.
BD´s mission to ADVANCING THE WORLD OF HEALTH goes beyond producing and distributing state-of-the-art technology. As health care moves quickly, it’s increasingly important to understand critical milestones in addressing the most pressing burdens of public health and shaping the market for innovation. Our team is keen on working closely with internal functions, politicians, regulators and third parties on introducing comprehensive solutions along patient care and directly supporting healthcare decision makers to maximize both, our company´s and providers success.
A professional challenge in a highly motivated team, a global environment and with long-term perspectives. A familiar working atmosphere in an innovative environment where your opinion matters. Diversity characterizes our corporate culture and we are convinced that it makes us a stronger team. We value each person as an individual with their abilities and needs. In this sense, we welcome applicants who wish to work part-time, people with severe disabilities and applicants of any gender.
Primary Work Location: DEU Heidelberg – Tullastrasse
This job is posted by BD.
This link brings you to the website of BD.