With the recent integration of Iveric at Astellas we have a new opportunity for a Regional Associate HEOR Director to support our Ophthalmology therapy area. This role sits as part of our Established Markets Regional team, reporting to a Senior HEOR Director.
You will be responsible for delivering the HEOR product strategy and tactics for Ophthalmology, specifically supporting the German Affiliate initially. With the macular degeneration treatment accepted for review by EMA, this will be a busy and exciting opportunity.
Your role as the Regional Associate Director will be to lead innovative HEOR initiatives that are medically relevant, scientifically valid, and appropriately planned and executed. This position provides a broad range of responsibility that requires subject matter expertise, the ability to work in a local/matrix environment with strong stakeholder management.
At Astellas we recognise that our employees enjoy having balance between their professional and home lives. We are proud of our hybrid approach which empowers you to have flexibility on whether to work from home or in the office.
Key activities are noted below:
• Play a key role in EST-M HEOR business planning process and inform/operationalise the HEOR strategy for
assigned products. Support HEOR business objectives and budgetary plans with a 3–5-year perspective,
through evidence generation, synthesis, dissemination, communication, and refinement
• Provide subject matter expertise in regional HTA requirements (AMNOG), design HEOR/Value strategies and
ensure implementation through inclusion in Core Medical Plans, Global Value Plans and Clinical Development
• Identify, design, and develop HEOR initiatives such as HTA advice/submissions, data gap analyses, RWE study
protocol development, post-hoc analyses, cost effectiveness analyses, scientific publications/advisory boards
• Develop and augment Global Core Value Dossiers and co-develop HTA/reimbursement submissions including
co-development of dossiers over various stages of the product life cycle.
• Closely monitor the changing healthcare and economic landscape in the German market, anticipating potential
impact on the business, patients, and healthcare commissioners
• Represent Astellas at external HEOR conferences and meetings
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
• Solid experience in Health Economics Outcome Research (or Market Access providing the right professional
qualifications/experience are held in HEOR) from within the pharmaceutical industry
• Knowledge of Ophthalmology is highly desirable but not essential
• Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with healthcare systems in Europe (particularly Germany and the
AMNOG process) – HTA, reimbursement systems and HEOR research, with a good understanding of Market
• The ability to leverage outcomes data from Real World Evidence, think strategically and overcome/anticipate
• Demonstrate the ability to manage and influence key stakeholders across the organisation through effective
written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent verbal and written English
• Post-graduate degree in Health Economics, Economics, Pharmacy, Life Sciences, Medicine or equivalent
• This is a full time, permanent position based in the Germany
• The position follows our hybrid working model with a blend of home and minimum 1-day per quarter in the
office. Flexibility may be required in line with business need. Candidates should be located within a
commutable distance of the office
At Astellas we offer an inspiring place to work and a chance to make your mark in doing good for others.
Our expertise, science and technology make us a pharma company, our open and progressive culture is what makes us Astellas. It’s a culture of doing good for others and contributing to a sustainable society.
Delivering meaningful differences for patients is our driving force. We all have a significant opportunity to make that difference, working locally in the areas we know best, whilst drawing inspiration from the different insights and expertise we have access to globally and from our innovative, external partners.
Our global vision for Patient Centricity is to support the development of innovative health solutions through a deep understanding of the patient experience. At Astellas, Patient Centricity isn’t a buzzword, it’s a guiding principle for action. We believe all staff have a role to play in creating a patient-centric culture and integrating an awareness of the patient into our everyday working practices, regardless of our role, team or division.
Our ethos is underpinned by the Astellas Way, comprising five core values: patient focus; ownership; results; openness and integrity.
We are proud to offer an inclusive and respectful working environment that fosters collaboration and ownership. Our aspiration is to bring the best minds together, to provide them with world-leading tools and resources and a unique structure that fosters real agility and entrepreneurial spirit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job ad will be unpublished on 14/12/2023.
This job is posted by Astellas.
This link brings you to the website of Astellas.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!