Bad Vilbel, Germany.
Our global headquarters, STADA Arzneimittel AG, is located in Bad Vilbel near Frankfurt am Main. For our department Global Biosimilars/Specialty, we are seeking a
Director (f/m/d) Global Biosimilars Market Access
Bad Vilbel | Deutschland (DE) | Full-time | Permanent
- Assisting the VP with commercial strategic planning targets for the biosimilars business in conjunction with corporate strategy; monitor and track performance and drive critical priorities to deliver/exceed financial and non-financial commercial expectations for biosimilar portfolio
- Have deep country-level understanding of payer needs, decision-making approaches, strategies, and country reimbursement stakeholders and influencers, primarily across Europe, but also globally across top markets, including reference pricing and go to market sequencing
- Collaborate with the Country Managers on the local pricing & reimbursement processes in the individual markets
- Coordinate the negotiation strategy per country, with a clearly defined negotiation approach, in close collaboration with the respective Country Manager and other functions as needed
- Establish and maintain personal relationships with select payers, advisors, key opinion leaders and other stakeholders
- Support the development of health economic and outcomes analyses (CEA, BIA, burden of disease, etc.) required for access, working in collaboration with internal cross-functional teams in medical affairs and R&D
- Develop compliant communication tools to be used in discussions with payers
- Support the development of an internal pricing infrastructure that optimally tracks product prices in-market, gathers competitive intelligence, and efficiently produces decision-support analyses (business cases, trade-off analyses)
- Leads internal & external providers to ensure that Market Access deliverables are suitable for purpose & available in a timely fashion
- Evaluates market access & P&R environmental developments in specific countries
- Responsible for access assumptions in global forecast for biosimilar portfolio
- Ensuring high quality planning and tracking with CSF and KPI measures in place for all activities
- Support the annual strategic planning process across the portfolio in partnership with the Global VP and Global Director
- Maximize operational activities to drive launch excellence for current and future launches
- Working collaboratively with the regional/country commercial leads to understand changes in markets, customer behaviour and barriers/opportunities to regional business growth, competition, pricing and reimbursement changes, policy and government initiatives, market access initiatives, etc.
- Master’s degree required
- Minimum 10-15+ years’ experience within the pharmaceutical industry, ideally with a rotation in a blue-chip/top-5 company; biosimilar launch experience required; strong understanding of pharmaceutical commercial and market access landscape
- 7-10+ years Market Access & Pricing experience specifically involving specialty drug launches in Europe, ideally with direct experience on biosimilar assets
- Ability to grasp highly technical concepts and to work within a deeply scientific environment; Exceptional learning agility, demonstrated by advancement in prior roles/companies
- Direct experience negotiating with payers and securing positive HTA outcomes in at least one major EU market, as well as within Germany
- Experience working within launch and commercialization teams for therapies in the Immunology, Oncology and/or Ophthamology space within Europe and globally
- First-rate analytical ability, with a penchant for using data to inform decision-making
- Clear understanding of how to best put patients’ needs first while also achieving commercial and business objectives
- Ability to work across cultures, languages, and geographies with ease, and build strong cross-functional collaboration
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing business level English is required. Additional language proficiency is beneficial (i.e. German
- Excellent organizational and project management skills in order to effectively manage and drive multiple deliverables across evolving timelines
At STADA we pursue our purpose “Caring for people‘s health as a trusted partner” worldwide. Originally founded by pharmacists, we are a leading manufacturer of high-quality pharmaceuticals. More than 12,300 employees around the globe live our values Integrity, Entrepreneurship, Agility and One STADA to achieve ambitious goals and shape the successful future of STADA.
We are looking for talents with expert knowledge and an entrepreneurial spirit that enjoy working collaboratively in a global team. We are pleased to get to know you better.
This job is posted by STADA Arzneimittel.
This link brings you to the website of STADA Arzneimittel.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!