In order to strengthen our European Market Access Team, we are currently looking to recruit a Director European Market Access & Pricing to be located in one of our local Commercial Affiliates.
The purpose of this position is to lead the development of market access strategies, regional pricing strategies and regional evidence generation strategies, including economic value evidence generation and health economic and outcome research, for the allocated CSL Behring portfolio to support key business objectives across Europe.
These key strategies are developed in alignment with global and regional business objectives during development, launch and life cycle management of the portfolio. This position ensures ongoing assessment and adaption of strategies to gain and sustain optimal market access across Europe and works collaboratively with the market access organization both inside the EU region as well as across regions and global. The position holder collaborates effectively with Global Healthcare Policy & External Affairs, global pricing and global Health Economics, Market Access & Reimbursement Strategy.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and communicate market access and pricing strategies and plans for applicable brands, to ensure pricing, reimbursement and patient access targets are met in countries within assigned region to ensure effective launch and optimal price, reimbursement and access of CSL Behring products.
- Develop and communicate regional evidence generation strategies, including economic value evidence generation and health economic and outcome research, for the allocated CSL Behring portfolio.
- Implement regional component of plans. Provide regional input into the development of Global Value Dossiers and health economic models, and regionalize them appropriately afterwards.
- Provide active input into clinical trial design from an aligned European market access position. Seek alignment cross functionally.
- Work with colleagues in individual countries to collect data pertinent to building a regional market access plan.
- Guide and support the generation of consistent local market access plans. Ensure information is proactively and appropriately shared within CSL Behring.
- Lead responses to ad-hoc requests for the economic justification of price and / or reimbursement for existing products.
- For applicable brands, develop, communicate and ensure the effective regional implementation of pricing strategies and contracting solutions, including alternative and innovative approaches as necessary, in association with affiliate teams. (Assess cross-border implications, including parallel trade and international reference pricing).
- Recommend optimal entry strategies, regional floor prices and optimized launch sequences, as well as effective maintenance of prices and reimbursement levels after launch.
- In collaboration with involved stakeholders, lead the specification and commissioning of appropriate agency/consulting services when necessary to support the market access function. Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and codices.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge, expertise and insight for payers or payer systems in the region to build and maintain a solid understanding of external trends in health technology assessment outcomes and in EU pricing and reimbursement decision making by using various media e.g., external advisory boards, conferences etc.
- Update defined Global Business Teams with any new technology assessment initiatives by payers, as necessary
- Effectively navigate the organisational matrix in order develop and maintain positive relationships with other functional areas and market access colleagues in order to drive alignment, consistency and best practice
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Formal qualification in life sciences and ideally also in market access, business management and / or health economics (e.g. MBA, MSc, Bachelor degree)
- 5-7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry or relevant consulting experience
- Market access strategy development and delivery experience across multiple countries.
- Sound knowledge of pricing and reimbursement systems in Europe.
- Working knowledge of health technology assessment methodology and practice. Pharmaceutical or consultancy background.
- Business acumen, planning, priority setting, perseverance & drive, organisational agility, negotiation skills, project management skills
- Remote working capability as well as ability to lead and influence in a matrix environment.
We are looking forward to receive your online application.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!
This job is posted by CSL Behring.
This link brings you to the website of CSL Behring.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!